Chapter 47

Sun was setting and moon was in the sky. The bright and soothing light of poornima was making the things more beautiful. In this bright light, was standing a girl with her hair flowing in wind. Sanskar's eyes fell on the girl as his sleep broke. He looked at the time. It was 12:30 in night.

"Swara! What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing!" She said and again looked at the moon.

Sanskar got up from bed and came near her. He too looked at moon and then at his moon.

"Don't you feel bad that I am not talking to you. It's been more than 1.5 months." Swara asked.

"I feel worse than you can imagine. But that doesn't mean that I will force you." Sanskar replied.

"Sanskar! Do you think I am a bad person?" Swara asked.

"Why?"

"You are doing so much efforts and I am not even talking to you properly! I am feeling ashamed of myself. But I cannot control. I am feeling as if a burden of guilt is pushing my heart down." Swara said. With a deep inhalation, she looked at Sanskar who was still looking at her with a smile.

"Guilt! Ashamed! Swara, you are just acknowledging your emotions. It's okay if you don't want to talk to me after what I did! Don't feel any kind of burden. I am doing efforts because I want to change, just for you! But that doesn't mean you should talk to me or vanish your anger. I did wrong. And you are just giving a reaction to it na." Sanskar said in a soft voice.

Swara just looked at Sanskar. She could feel the change in him. Earlier, Sanskar would have gotten angry at her or begged to talk to him. But now, the person who was standing in front of her, was a matured man. The one who acknowledged his own problems and instead of depending on anybody else, took matters in his own hands. Yes, he did wrong. But he realised it and this led him to become the best version of himself.

"Sleep now! Tomorrow is Holi. Your day will be hectic." Sanskar said.

They both slept that day but this time, Swara did not turn her face away from him. Sanskar noticed the change and smiled.

Morning was filled with Reyansh and Ashna throwing water balloons on Laksh as he came back from his night duty. Adarsh was busy in making Gujhiyas with Sujata and Pari. Ragini was filling up more water balloons for Laksh. Little Ayansh was laughing and Durga Prasad was laughing looking at them too. Annapurna waa getting garden ready for Holi party along with Ram.

Swara was rubbing coconut oil on children's faces and hair. Sanskar waa busy looking at her from a distance.

"Sanskar! Beta if you have done staring at your wife, come outside. We have a lot of work for you." Annapurna yelled from outside so loud that Swara stopped for a while. Scratching his hair, he went out with a cute smile on his face.

Holi celebration was at it's peak. Everyone was drenched in colour. Afterall, they were celebrating Holi after 2 years almost.

Swara waa standing in the corner remembering their first Holi together. Sanskar covered her with gulal completely. They enjoyed to their hearts that day. And today, things were different.

"Swara!" Sanskar's voice broke her imagination. She turned to find Sanskar whose face was smeared with different colours.

"Hmm!" She said.

"Happy holi!" Sanskar wished her with a smile. Swara nodded. She saw gulal in his hands. With questions in her gaze, she looked at him.

"Don't worry! I won't do anything which will make you awkward." And with a polite smile, he held a piece of her dupatta and smeared it's corner with gulal. Swara felt an ocean of emotions trying to come out from her eyes. Sanskar's eyes were trying to brim too. But cleverly, he disguised them with allergy to colours and went away.