Chapter 9

It was breakfast time. Ashna was sitting with Sanskar along with Reyansh and Ayansh. He was feeding them breakfast with his own hands.

Ram was staring at Sanskar lovingly from a distance. He was happy after a long time. His only son was finally getting back to his original self, the one which went lost 3 years back.

"He went to meet Swara last evening. And since then, he has not stopped smiling!" Sujata told her.

"Did she say yes?" Ram asked curiosly.

"No! But she wants to have friendship. She has not yet overcome the trauma of Nikhil's death!" Sujata sighed, "But she is a nice girl, I know she is! And our son will make her his own in no time!"

"We can't expect her to overcome this trauma sooner. But it's good that she tried to give life a second chance." Ram smiled, "I have heard about her earlier from hospital staff. She is most humble, modest but always used to kee her personal life private. And now, I have seen her too. And now, I got to know that she has the power to melt even the stones."

Everyone in Maheshwari house were happy. Their Sanskar had returned back.

On the other side, as usual, Swara was still busy taking care of Uttara's needs, Ayush's career and her father's medicine. But there was still a slight change in her routine. She noticed that Shekhar has started to ask her about het day every evening. Ayush, as usual, teased her taking name of Sanskar. But Uttara, she had become more bitter, more arrogant, more poison mouthed.

Another change was also there, she was now getting a few messages from Sanskar too.

"You should give a chance to him." Kavya was advising her since their first coffee meet, "He is nice, charming, well settled and most of all, is a genuine man. What makes you afraid to think of this decision?"

"I don't know! I just don't feel right. Uttara had a crush on him. I don't want yo hurt her." Swara replied.

Kavya's anger reached its height, "Uttara is not a child. She doesn't even care for you. And you are sacrificing such a nice guy just for sake of her. You are almost repeating the same mistake as you did at the time of Nikhil."

Swara was speechless.

"Sanskar loves you, only you! He is so charming that anyone can fall for him and Uttara, come on, she falls for every other guy!" Kavya said making Swara frown a little, "Don't be angry. It's the reality. Even Ayush says the same!"

Swara sighed, "But.... Nikhil... I have still not overcome...."

"Nikhil would have never wanted you to be like this. And if he is watching you from heaven, then he too will agree that Sanskar is the best choice for you. After all he was his mentor." Kavya smiled and offerred  her cookie, "And I know, you will handle Ashna too very well!"

Swara smiled a little hearing the name of Ashna. Suddenly a thought clicked her mind, "I wonder why he got divorced! I mean I can't see anything in him due to which anyone can take such a big step!"

"Ooooo! So someone is not able to find faults in her Mr. Perfect!" Kavya received a snap on her fingers for this teasing.

Suddenly song changed in cafe. It was the same song that Sanskar had sung that day

"Ahem! Ahem! So see, right song at right time!" Kavya smiled and Swara snapped again.
---------
"I want you to meet Ashna today!" Sanskar said one day.

It's been more than a month since Swara accepted Sanskar's friendship. Both try to accommodate a small coffee meet amidst their busy schedules as soon as they could. If not possible, then at least one phone call before sleep or one good morning call in the morning.