Chapter 42

"I still can't understand how a father can be so selfish!" Ram was discussing the recent events with Durga Prasad after Ayush and Shekhar went away.

Durga Prasad nodded in agreement. "But why did not Swara told us that she was trapped in fire which lead to this sudden high temperature?" He asked.

"She did papa! Remember she told us not to give injection." It was Laksh who spoke, "Paracetamol can worsen heat stroke. But it was all she could manage to say."

But meanwhile, Sanskar was listening everything with his mouth shut and his brain in deep thinking. He said harsh words to Shekhar but did he have the right? He was behaving so badly with her in last few months. And what he did last evening was really horrible. If someone else would have done this to Swara, he would have not left him in single piece.

"Sanskar!"

Sanskar's thoughts were broken by the voice. Durga Prasad was calling his name.

"Ji bade papa!"

"Though I tried to stop you from saying things to Dr. Shekhar, but I think you did right. Someone needed to show him the mirror."

Sanskar nodded. But deep down, he was considering himself equal to Shekhar.

He excused himself from the hall and started moving towards his room. Suddenly, Sujata held his hand in between.

"Beta! Have some food at least." She requested.

"Just not hungry! How is Swara?" He asked.

"Better than before. But not completely fine." Sujata informed. Lovingly she patted his hair.

"Ma! Am I bad?" He asked innocently.

"No beta! Just time is bad!" Sujata said. She made him sit on dining table. "It's been a long time since you ate from my hands."

Sanskar smiled a little. There was complete silence during dinner.

"I know this is not your real nature. I know how tender and loving you are with family. Yes, I agree that in Swara's regards, you become a little aggressive. But what you did last night, everyone can feel the remorse you are feeling."

"Ma! What if this become my permanent nature?" Sanskar again asked innocently.

"It will never become. I know!" Sujata assured him, "Now go and have some rest. Swara is sleeping too. You need rest to take care of her."

Sanskar nodded.

His room was dark. Only light was coming from the moon shining outside the window. And in that light, he saw Swara's engagement ring shining in her finger.

Sanskar sat on bed and kept a hand on her forehead. It was still warm but not so hot as it was a few hours back. His own head was aching badly. He did not want to think about his own pains now. His Swara was not fine and he needed to take care of her.

Carefully, he put the cold compression on her forehead. A moan escaped from her lips. In the darkness, Sanskar placed the compression on last night's wound on her forehead. Pain had woken up her. With her opened eyes, she saw Sanskar looking at her with sorry gaze.

"Swara! I am sorry!" Sanskar said and started to gently blow air on her wound. He felt a tug on his hand.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Did papa come here?" She asked feebly.

"Yes!"

"Did you say something to him?"

"Yes!"

"In the third drawer, there is a white coloured tablet. Take that!" Swara said.

"What?" Sanskar was not expecting this.