Chapter 6

Two days were passed since that incident. Sanskar desperately wanted to apologize to Swara but couldn't gather the strength to do so. He didn't want her to hate him. But whatever he did, he deserved more than hate from her.

His cabin door opened. It was inspector Aslam Ali.

"Hello inspector! Tell me what brought you here?" Sanskar greeted him.

"Sir! There has been a report of abduction of a girl. Police is trying to find her but last day, we got a tip that it may be related to a terrorist organisation. So we need your involvement." Ali said and forwarded him a file.

"Sure! I will send my specialized team there." Sanskar said without looking at file, "this girl was spotted last time how many days back?"

"Two days sir!"

"Hmm! And who reported the incident?"

"Her father sir! He is a well known reputed doctor."

Sanskar frowned a little. His sixth sense tried to tell him something. Instinctively, he opened the file. To his horror, he saw the photograph in which the most innocent eyes were twinkling at him.

"This is the photograph of the girl. She too, is a doctor, Dr. Swara Bose!" Ali's last words were almost unheard by Sanskar as he rushed towards his phone. After finishing the call, he looked at confused Ali, who was trying to decipher the change of expressions on his face

"This girl, saved my life. I know who might be behind this." Sanskar said after explaining the incident of that night to Ali.

"Her love gave life for this country. She took enmity from a big terrorist organisation just to save you. She needs to be saved sir!" Ali came to action.

Sanskar immediately rushed to Swara's home along with Durga Prasad. A distressed Shekhar was sitting on couch holding a photograph of Swara. Ayush was trying to console him.

"Dr. Shekhar!" Durga Prasad patted his shoulder, "We will do anything to find Swara. Trust us"

Shekhar looked pleadingly at him. The eyes of father talked to Durga Prasad. He understood.

"Sir!" It was Sanskar who came to him, "If I am not wrong, whatever happened to Swara is because she saved me from the goons. So it's my responsibility to bring het back to you, safe and sound. I promise."

Shrkhar's voice broke, "Mr. Maheshwari! They are very big organisation." He sobbed, "Will my Swara be....."

Sanskar's heart gave a jolt. Shekhar was right. It's not likely to the organisation to keep anyone unharmed under their custody. And Swara's abduction is just for mere enmity. Would she be unharmed! Would she be even alive!

A shiver ran down his spine. Bad thoughts leading to worst ones, all crossed his mind at the same time. He breathed deep and looked at Ayush, "take care of your father till your Swara di arrives. By the way, where is your di Uttara?"

"She is in her room. Should I call her?" Ayush replied in a tone which clearly stated his displeasure for her.

"No need! I only need ones who genuinely care." Sanskar patted his shoulder and looked concerndly towards Shekhar, "Sir! Let me be very clear to you. When Swara will return, I am damn sure that she will not be in a good state. I request you to be optimistic and don't shatter your strength, both physically and emotionally. She will need you."

Next few hours passed. All the places were being searched. Sanskar felt a great tension in his mind. With his every breath, he prayed for safety of Swara. Whenever he passed in front of any temple, church, mosque or gurudwara, he bowed his head for her safety.