Chapter 11

It was evening. Swara had called Sanskar about 15 times today. But he was not ready to talk to her. Reason was simple and sweet, how can she sacrifice her sleep for him!

"Are I promised na! That's why I stayed awake!" Swara's explaination was simple too.

"Even after I fell asleep! No! You should not have. You should have cancelled the call as soon as I drifted off!" Sanskar's anger was justified too.

But in his heart, he mentally made a note, he would not let Swara sacrifice her comforts for other. Or at least, could care about her when nobody does.

"Sanskar sir! She is like that since childhood. I know her since play school." It was Kavya who had just dropped by to visit Sanskar.

"But habits should change na! You know very well how wrong she is!" Sanskar was still angry on her.

Kavya smiled looking at Sanskar's genuine care for Swara. She was now satisfied that Swara will be more than happy with Sanskar.

"Habits which developed over around 27 years of life, take time to change. Shekhar uncle is equally responsible for making Swara the way she is. Only after Nikhil came in her life, he understood what he had done to his eldest daughter. But it was too late. Swara has grown up into the most loving and caring person you can ever meet. But in some way, she forgot who she is. She has forgotten that she too deserved to be loved the way she loves others."

Kavya's words imprinted over Sanskar's heart. He knew he can not change her so soon, so he decided something else. He decided to be the one who love her the way she should be.

Next morning, Sanskar saw Yuvraj standing in front of him. For the first time in his life, he saw him dull. His expressions were serious.

"Hey! What happened?" Sanskar asked with concern.

"I am so proud of you mate! Risking your life for saving someone, it's not cup of tea for everyone." He said while hugging hIm gently.

In evening, Rama and Shweta too dropped by. They were greatful to him.

"I lost my son but got you in return. Be happy always." Rama's blessings and Shweta's gratitude made Sanskar a little uncomfortable. He felt worthless of this respect. It was he who should be greatful.

His rest of the evening was spent in restlessness. Rama's gratitude felt like a burden over him. His heart was getting heavier.

He was about to sleep when he heard a known voice. His eyes opened up at once. Shekhar and Ayush were standing in front of him.

"Uncle!" Sanskar tried to get up.

"Keep resting beta!" Shekhar made him lie down again. Ayush forwarded a bouquet to him.

After general exchange of words, Shekhar's face got serious, "Beta! Thank you for making my daughter smile again."

His words again struck him hard. It was him only who was the reason of her misery. It was him only who was solely responsible for Nikhil's death.

"Swara didn't come! She is shy. She could not talk to you in presence of elders." Shekhar informed and smiled at him once again, "good night beta!"

He was not able to sleep properly that night. Nikhil's death scene was replaying again and again in his mind. Rama and Shweta's face roamed in his mind. And Swara's cries echoed in his ears.

He again started to panic. He dialed Swara's number but cancelled it immediately. She would not sleep again today, he thought.

But his panic attack was increasing in intensity. Now, along with Nikhil, Kavita also came in his thoughts. He tried to supress everything. He tried everything to calm himself down. But nothing worked.