Chapter 28

Swara was looking at Sanskar keenly as Dr. Rajat was examining him. Dr Rajat, a neurosurgeon and a very generous man, looked at Swara with smile. He then looked at Shekhar and Ram.

"I have heard your story. And I feel highly lucky that I got this opportunity to treat this brave man!" Rajat said.

"Dr. Rajat! Can we hope something?" It was Dr. Apoorva, the current neurologist assigned for Sanskar.

"I must say that till there is breathe, there is a hope!" Rajat replied.

Swara's lips curled in a smile. Dr. Apoorva was hopeless for Sanskar's case. But Dr. Rajat's positive reply made her heart jump with joy.

"Dr. Rajat! Are you sure?" Dr. Apoorva intervened.

"Yes! But this can take a few years too." He said looking at Ram. His face fell down.

"I can manage! It's absolutely fine. But he will wake up na?" Swara asked with lots of concern. Her urgency was visible in her voice.

"You sure Dr. Swara? I mean people leave even their loved ones to die in these situations rather than waiting." Rajat asked.

Swara just nodded positively. Shekhar looked at Dr. Apoorva who was staring at Rajat with spiteful gaze. It was a universal known fact that when your own junior rejects your knowledge, you feel disregarded. But the spite in his gaze was something not so normal.

As Rajat went out to attend a call, Apoorva let out all his frustration in front of Shekhar Ram and Swara.

"I am telling you Dr. Shekhar, he will be looting you, both from money and time point of view. He is just a marketing king. He is not at all practical." Apoorva said.

"Dr. Apoorva! Even if it cost my whole earnings, I am ready to donate that. But Sanskar should open his eyes." Ram said.

"But he will not. I am telling you all. He will never open his eyes. I am a neurosurgeon. I know how things work." Apoorva almost lashed out.

Shekhar looked at Swara who was trying hard to control her anger. He then said, "Dr. Apoorva! Kindly don't say such words. There is still 10% hope."

"Hope! What is hope! Be practical! You all are doctors! How can you even think of a comatosed patient with such a huge brain injury ever wake up again?" Apoorva again lashed out.

"I wish Sanskar should have been more practical when he saved your life on ground floor that day. Remember how you folded his hands in front of you!" Ram said, "I know! To you, he is just another patient. But for people standing here, he is family!"

Apoorva realized what he said. He tried to compose himself.

"I am sorry! I didn't mean that!" Apoorva replied, "But trust me! This won't work!"

"Even if it won't, but we all will be satisfied at least!" Swara finally spoke.

"Swara! I know your trauma! But for how long you will wait! These things of waiting for someone to open his eyes, are clearly impractical. These do exist in fairytale!" Apoorva was hellbent to manipulate her.

"And the stories of giving up his life for others too exist in fairytale na! But Sanskar did it." Swara replied sternly.

Apoorva became more spiteful. He looked at Swara with rage.

"You are literally an idiot girl!" He said.

"Thank you so much!" Swara replied.

Suddenly Rajat entered the room and all fell silent. He smiled at them and looked at medications. He crossed a few and added a few more. Apoorva opened his mouth to say something but closed it immediately.