Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Assiana left her room, heading down to the front door to let Kelsey in.

"So where's the dude you was talking bout?" She asked as she entered and they made their way back up to her room to get ready.

"I don't even know. I think he left even earlier than my mom cause I heard when she left round 8 before I fell asleep again. I ain heard the door anytime after that" she said as she checked the time on her phone. She'd only just woken up little over an hour before Kelsey came over since she stayed up the night before. The time read 3:22 and Kelsey shook her head at her best friend.

"Back to sleep? Siana what?"

"I just can't sleep at night kels. You know that too. Whenever you stay over I'm up till 3 or later"

"Girl you need to take yo ass to sleep. And you don't be up talking to nobody. what the hell you up doing?"

Assiana shrugs.

"Enjoying the peace. Talking to demons." She says.

Kelsey stares at her from her position, sitting on Assiana's bed with a look of confusion.

"Was that an oxymoron?" She asked.

Once again Assiana shrugs.

"Anyways, cmon, let's get ready cause Felix been blowing my phone up non stop. Like this boy don't know get togethers start in the evening"

Kelsey smirks as she stands, opening her bag to get her stuff out to get ready.

"I know you still aint tryna tell me that boy aint in love with you. He can't een leave yo ass alone for two seconds. You needa stop playing and give him a chance" she says, laying her outfit out and putting her shoes on the floor.

Assiana rolls her eyes.

"Felix is just Felix. He don't like me, he just a flirt. And I'm not bout to be another one of his conquests, nor be mixed up with a man in his line of business. Why you always tryna make something more than what it is?" She replies.

Kelsey does nothing more than mock her friend and cut her eyes slightly.

"You the only one who don't see it. But aiite. Ima leave it alone"

With that said, the conversation ended and a new one replaced it as they got dressed.

Felix and Quay were well known at their school and as such, she assumed they ran the block, being the guys called on if anything were to happen. It wasnt a secret that they were mixed up in some bad stuff outside of school, and that they answered to a don that basically ran the whole area, and city wouldnt be a far stretch.

And while other girls found that hood guy persona attractive, Assiana never found herself attracted to that kind of thing. She knew the life was dangerous. Hell, it was the reason she hadnt seen her father in years.

She refused to fall for someone .. someone like her father.. because like her father, like the man who was meant to love and care for her, the man who once tucked her in and called her the sweetest nicknames, like him they would choose that life, rather than her.

They'd leave.

Just like he did.

"-siana your phone babe" Assiana snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at her phone.

The name displayed made her roll her eyes as she answered.

"Yes?"

"Where you at mayne? Yall making us wish we invited a bunch of bitches. Got us waiting n shit" Felix said.