Chapter 23

Vote and comment guys. Gives me great motivation to write.
Comment your favorite character or least favorite character.

________________________
Ares leaned on his car as he waited to see Assiana exit the building she usually had classes at on a Thursday evening. He had the day somewhat planned out but only the basics. Go to the range and buy food. Other than that anything else could also be on the table for them.

He had empty sessions after lunch which gave him free time and he took that free time to sit and talk to Felix and Quay. They had a class in the last session which left him on his own so he took the time to move his car around the where he knew Assiana had classes and wait there for her.

"Ares" he heard just as he cupped the blunt at his lips so he could shield it from the wind as he lit it. After doing so, he looked up, raising an eyebrow at Tiana who stood in front of him, decked out in her cheerleading uniform.

When he first met her, seeing her in this would drive him crazy.

What happened?

..... oh yeh.

Ares scoffed at his own thoughts before lifting the blunt from his lips and blowing out the smoke that had filled his lungs.

"Yes" he answered her, shifting legs so he now leaned on the opposite one.

She glowered at him.

"I texted you last night? Why the fuck you ain answer? I was tryna see you" she said, seeming upset. But he couldn't care less.

He hummed sarcastically, taking a hit off his blunt as he looked anywhere but at her.

"I was working." He told her before looking at her. "Why all o' sudden you tryna see me? Parents don't need you no mo?" He said, not even hiding the mocking tone behind his words. But Tiana didn't realize. And if she did, she played it off well.

"They busy with other stuff." She answered him, her eyes looking elsewhere as she answered, before finding Ares once more "You'on be answering my texts or calls or nuhn. What the fuck is up witchyu?" She pressed him. Ares narrowed his eyes at her.

"you dragging it now, and after I ignored it the first time too. watch yo fuckin mouth talkin to me Ti. I got shit dealin wit. I'll get to you when I get to you" he spat at her and she reared back slightly, definitely picking up his tone now.

As she stood there, looking at him, her chest burning. Ares ignored her, finding the bricks of the school walls much more fascinating to look at.

"...... did I do somethin to you?" She asked. Ares almost let out a chuckle, more so angry than amused. Because this girl was really playing dumb. And admittedly if he didn't know what he already did, he would've fallen for it.

She was good. He had to admit that.

Turning to her, the look he gave her was intense and sent shivers down her back as his light brown/ hazel eyes looked almost black staring down at her.

"You tell me Tiana." He answered her, his lip twitching up with a slight sneer before he scoffed and turned away once more.

Tiana's throat burned as she held back tears and she clears her throat, letting out a sigh to ease away some of the hurt and tension.

"Alright well....... I'll give you time okay....... But remember Sunday we having the post bday thing with just me and you. I promise ima make it up to you. Whatever it is. And you can call me if you need me okay. For anything" she told him, still hiding behind a facade.

If it was one thing Ares knew, it was that he was a strong ass man. If it was up to the girls he dated, he would've hated bitches by now. And he did. Until......