Chapter 7

Chapter 7

When the next week rolled around, Assiana woke up early as usual, just as her mom left for work and she gets ready for school.

As she hopped out the shower, she puts on her robe and makes her way to Ares' room to make sure he was getting ready too.

"Ares its 7:30 time to wake up-"she pauses as she opens the door and is greeted by Ares walking around in only a towel wrapped around his slender hips, a tooth brush in his mouth as he searched for something in his drawer.

Her eyes, having a mind of their own, stray down to the towel that clung onto him for dear life and she admired his prominent v-line aswell as the many tattoos that littered his body.

She snaps out of it quickly but her heart still hammers in her chest.

But her heart stops as her eyes find his, his stare blank, as usual as he looked at her.

Looking away from him, she clears her throat and nods.

"Yes uhm . G-good" she says, commending him for getting up on time.

She hurried out and back to her room and lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. After a moment of recollecting herself, she proceeds with getting dressed.

A tank top, sweats and some sneakers later, Assiana fixed her hair in a messy bun and called it a day, grabbing her bag, keys and phone.

Heading down to the kitchen, she fixes some breakfast for both her and Ares and waits for him to come down.

When he does, he heads straight for the front door but she stops him.

"Wait wait. I made break fast. Here" she tells him, pushing the sandwich and orange juice towards him.

Looking at her as if she'd grown two heads, Ares hesitated before deciding to join her. He was definitely not use to having anything done for him even if it was a simple meal.

She turns around to grab the ketchup and smiles triumphantly before placing it infront of him.

He sits there looking at the food for a moment before looking at her.

"Whatchyu put in this?" He asked accusingly.

Assiana frowns.

"Fuck I spose to put in it Ares. Issa ham sandwich and some orange juice". She tells him.

The boy simply shrugs, not being too trusting of her unprovoked kindness.

"Mm" he hums before squirting some ketchup on the bread and taking a bite.

As he ate, Assiana did the same, scrolling through her phone before looking up at him.

Clearing her throat she decides to break the silence

"So.. Im not sure how you know Felix and quay nem. Ima just recommend you don't be influenced to involve yourself in they lifestyle" she tells him, knowing he'd been through way too much and that lifestyle would do nothing but add to that.

Ares slowly chewed then swallowed the last bite of food before leaning back, shaking his head as he scoffed.

"I shoulda fuckin known it was gone be some shit. Shoulda took my ass to the car" he mutters to himself before standing.

"Look Si, you don't know me. Not a dam thing bout me, matter of fact. What I fuckin do is none of your fucking business. Me and who I call my family, what we do? ain none of yo business. Get that straight and we be fine" he says and grabs his stuff to leave.

"Ares I.. my mom and I will soon become your family too. I don't know what you know about those guys but they involved in a lot of stuff you don't need to be. Im just warning you" Assiana tells the boy as he makes his way to the door. He looks back at her annoyed.