Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Ares pulls up on the curb Felix and quay often stayed at and wasn't surprised to find them doing a deal. He waited for them to finish before hopping out the car and he nods at the man they'd sold to as he passes him.

"Yall aint tell me where on the block yall would be at. Lucky I guessed right." He says as he walks up and dabs each of them up.

"My bad fam, tonight busy as hell with that new shit we moving now. Everybody and they mama want a piece so we had bare customers pulling up. Shit that was the last of it too. We gone have to pick up more from Dante." Felix says.

Ares hums, pushing his hands in the pockets of his hoodie as he thought about the new product that was recently developed and theyd been selling.

It seemed to be replacing the other drugs as it grew in demand, although weed was still a top commodity.

He'd heard this new drug worked faster and the high lasted longer and while tempted, he reminded himself that sure the highs were longer, but that simply meant the lows were lower.

"Speaking of Dante I been meaning to talk to him bout switching from distributing" Ares says.

"Prolly a good idea to be away from the shit but Ru Issa lot more dangerous doing these other jobs. You been on a couple runs with us so you seen but ion think you understand truly how we playing with life every time we do this shit. And ion mean only our lives here. Sometimes shit ends up where people die. You gotta be prepared to make serious decisions like that. Ain no kiddy shit. We got these guns and shit. We bussin a couple shots here and there Yeh just to scare these niggas. But sometimes that ain enough. Sometimes a misfire ain enough. And you need to be ready to decide who gon walk out certain situations." Quay warns him and the boy nods.

"Mayne I know how this shit is. I just wanna get away from that toxic ass shit till It dont affect me no mo. Then I can be back to my original line of work." He says.

Quay and Felix scoff.

"Funny you think once you in you can get out. If Dante got you doing runs and shit, best believe you a track star my Nigga. Here though" Felix hands the burner over to Ares and the boy takes it, looking at them.

Instead of prying further, he redials the recent caller and waits for the phone to be answered as it rings out.

Quay and felix head over to Ares car since it was all black, tinted and had the bullet proof windows. Ofcourse they had their cars but the color on them were loud and the job they were doing required them being discrete. A big plus was Ares' car was not yet known to belong to anyone in their gang.

Quay watched the boy, remembering what he said about possibly returning to distributing when he'd gotten over his addiction.

Even he knew Ares was bullshitting. Addiction was a long term fight. It would be a while before he was completely over it.

But he believed in him. And he'd try to help his brother out as much as possible. He knew he'd be put in danger and swore if anyone were to make it out of a bad situation, it would be Ares.

In Quay's eyes, they'd done enough to him.

Shit, life had done enough to him.

Dying from gang violence was the last thing this boy needed.

"Yo, yall Niggas collect my shit yet?" Ares hears Dante's raspy voice bark through the phone.

"Nah boss, we on the way though. Just calling to ask if I could be like. Taken out the distribution circle you know. Im still battling my own shit and while you know I dont fuck around with your product no way, kinda makes it hard for me to.. deal with my own problems being around the source" Ares says, trying not to stumble over his words.