Chapter 28

Assiana gasped for breath as she woke up, her eyes shutting once more as she tried to adjust to the dimly lit room she was in. Once they were adjusted, they dart around, trying to figure out where the hell she was.... And what the fuck happened.

As they drove to an unknown destination, Assiana and D'mani spoke and laughed before he cursed.

"Shit, uhm.... Check your seat if you see my wallet wouldya babe?" he asked her and Assiana did so, shaking her head once she didn't see it.

"Not here" she told him and he sighed.

"So sorry bout this. My place ain far from here. Mind if we stop to grab it?" He asked. Assiana saw nothing wrong with it. They had the whole night so a short stop was nothing. But she tried to give other options.

"I mean it's fine but I could also pay as long as it ain too expensive. Or if you got cash app you could transfer from yo card to mine and we just use mine" she offered. He shrugs but shakes his head.

"I just like the have my card on me y'know? Just in case of anything. But thanks I appreciate the offer"he told her, shooting her a smile. Assiana smiled back. "I bought you this by the way. I added a lil vodka to it for some buzz. Not sure what you'd like but when I asked the barista she recommended this drink" he said, remembering the drinks he'd gotten them from Starbucks.

Assiana grabbed the cup and took a sip, her face changing to one of surprise.

"Oh wow this is good. What is this?" She asked him.

"Dragon fruit mixed with pineapple and pink lemonade. I think. Glad you like it" he said, turning off on a road that was abit more bumpy and off the main road. Assiana said nothing, not wanting to sound judgy. The condition of the road wasn't his fault.

As time went on, she could feel herself getting dizzy and blinked a few times to try to stabilize herself and get her vision back. Clearing her throat, she turned to D'mani as they parked in front of a small house and tried to speak, slurring her words.

"Assi? What's wrong? Falling asleep?" He asked her. She gulped, trying to moisten her dry throat so she could speak but barely any sound came out, other than a few of her words that still came out slurred and mumbled. She could feel her body giving out as she could no longer move her limbs and she fell back into the seat. As she fought her eyes to stay open, she was no longer able to hear Anything D'mani was saying, but she was able to see. And as she blinked less and less and longer between, the last thing she saw was a small smile forming on his face, growing quickly into a grin.

As her mind caught up to the events that led her to the current moment, she looked around, panicked as she reached around to find her things, slightly relieved when she saw that she was still clothed.

Finding her phone, her eyes darting from the device to the door and back as she called kelsey.

"Please please please pick up......" she muttered to herself as it rang. Getting sent to voicemail, she pulls the phone away from her ear and rings Aniki.

"Please Nika. Please" she begged, her voice cracking as she stared at the door, just waiting to be caught and have her only shot at being saved and coming out of this okay, taken away from her.

She didn't know what D'mani's plans for her were. But she knew the last thing she wanted was to find out. Getting sent to voicemail once more, a panicked sound leaves her mouth and she blinked away the tears that blurred her vision.

She tried more people.

Felix

Quay

Even Benji