Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Ares your allowance just came in for the month. Ima just leave it here" Katrina says as she peaked into the boy's room, envelope in hand.He looked over at her as she puts it on his dresser and he gives her a small smile.

"Thanks aunt kat" he says and she nods giving him a smile.

Going over to her daughter's room, she peaks in to see her still in bed.

"Assi wake up!" She exclaims but the girl simply rolls over, showing that she was already dressed but just laying down still.

"Oh?. Not making break fast hun?" She wondered, finding this unlike her daughter.

"I already did. It's packaged and waiting on the table for you mom" she says and Katrina hums.

"Alright. Later hun, remember Friday"! She says as she waves goodbye to her daughter, still confused on her behaviour.

Assiana loved cooking and caring for those around her, so it was unlike her to simply make food , package it and leave it.

But she leaves it alone as she rushes down the stairs, grabs the container and heads to work.

Assiana gets up and grabs her school bag before leaving her room. Heading down the stairs, she sees Ares in the kitchen but says nothing, grabbing her thermos containing her green tea then heading out the door.

Ares watches her, knowing the reason behind her change in behaviour was him but he says nothing, feeling shed found what she was looking for and if she wanted to be mad it was her own dam business.

"I just couldn't believe it kels."Assiana says as the girls sit down at one of the tables outside the cafeteria.

"Assi, it's really not that surprising. You just didn't wanna believe it cuz of your lil crush or whatever" Kelsey tells her, taking a bite from her pizza.

"Don't even get me started on that. He's just like the boys I avoid. And now knowing the truth, I just can't get past it. Guess its for the best though."

"Yah seeing as his best friend is in love with you and you're also two years his senior" Kelsey adds.

Assiana rolls her eyes.

"Well yeh I guess. But what Felix got to do with me?" She questions. Kelsey shrugs.

"Girl I dont know. Bro code?" She suggests.

"Mm. Plus I aint even his type. And he aint mine neither. Im just worried about the type of shit he's getting wrapped up in you know. He's walking a dangerous road kels-"

"Assi stop treating him like a child, he knows what the hell he's doing. He must. Stop trying to get involved and that's my advice as your best friend. I know what quay does is far from legal. But I love him. So all I do? Pray every night that Ill be able to see and love him tomorrow. And you obviously care about Ares too even if it's no longer romantically, so just hope he's okay and shit. Its not like he can get up tomorrow and get out of the life he's involved in. It don't work like that" Kelsey says to a frowning Assiana.

The girl sighs but nods nonetheless in acknowledgement of her words but not agreeing nor disagreeing.

As they continued talking, they are joined by quay who kisses his girl friend's cheek as he sits down and Ofcourse Felix isn't far behind.

"Bae you still mad?" He asked as he stopped infront of her.

"Don't come asking me shit Felix. You got Ares involved in yall bullshit, how could you?"

"Aye aye, we met him after he got involved ma. This the whole reason we know him" felix tries to defend himself.

"Well yall shoulda. I dont know, helped him out of it. He's only a boy-"

"Im convinced you have an inability to leave me the fuck alone Si. Keep fucking with me and ima make sure you know not to do that shit again. And yes. Take that as a threat. And don't take it lightly" Ares comes up beside felix and stares the girl down hard.

"Man chill. She just care bout you that's all-"

"Nah I don't fucking want it though. I never asked her to do nothin but she stay messing with me like she my fucking mom. Leave. Me. Alone. I can't spell it out any fucking better. You grown go pay attention to someone else you sad ass bitch" Ares says harshly, walking away and leaving everyone stunned at his words.

Assiana is shook. But hears him loud and clear. She was gonna leave him alone.

And with that thought she stood up and walked away with her head hung low.