Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Assiana felt her heart drop as she saw the digits printed on the device she took a chance at standing on and as usual, she felt a deep regret seep Into her chest. Not only at the simple fact she decided to use the device and hated the result shown, but also the whole reason behind it all.

She'd been eating way too much, splurging just because Ares was around and she was cooking for him.

She took the opportunity to binge and she was sadly seeing the results, glaring back at them in bright neon digitized numbers.

She didn't care if her weight was normal.

Average even.

Assiana felt disgusting. Because she was bigger- no

Heavier than usual.

And that was enough to make her already delapidated structure of self confidence crumble under the heavy weight of her insecurities.

And she began to poke and prod at the reflection that stared back at her in the mirror, finally stepping away from one terror, only to go towards a next.

She stared at herself, biting her lip as she stripped down to just her under wear and slowly her breathing became labored as panic set in and her eyes zoned in on every flaw on her body.

'God.. you're disgusting.' She thought as she looked at the girl before her.

The pudgy stomach, the arms that seemed all too fat, the changing colors on areas of her skin.

Im almost a fucking chameleon.

Wow. Funny Assi.

She had so much more to point out but she couldn't handle it. After all, she wasn't alone.

And with that reminder, she drew in a quick shaky breath and planted a smile on her face, rummaging through her drawer for a decent outfit.

Heading down to the kitchen, she makes breakfast but instead of partaking in it herself she drinks some green tea.

'Ive binged enough. No more. Its time to purge. You don't want to get any worse do you Assi?'

"Morning hunny. You know me, always in a rush. Ill just grab some food in a container and go. Muah" Katrina gives her daughter a kiss on the forehead before grabbing some food.

"Love you mom"

"I love you too hunny. Remember this Friday I'll have the evening off so we can do whatever. Lemme know what you wanna do by Wednesday. Ciao!" She exclaims before leaving and Assiana giggles at her mom before making a reminder on her phone.

Taking her cup of tea to the living room, she switches the tv on as she scrolls through her phone.

Soon enough, she could hear the heavy footsteps of a certain boy and she was wrapped in his heavenly scent before she saw him.

If you hadn't noticed, she was crushing hard.

"Well you look nice. What's your plans for today? Breakfast is in the kitchen by the way" she says as she looks at him.

Ares smirks.

"Thanks, ima eat that now. Ion got no plans for right now but was prolly gon head out later with the guys. How boutchyu?" He asked as he heads over to the kitchen to grab his breakfast.

"Nothing really. I don't do much on sundays. Seeing as you were out yesterday, I cleaned up and did laundry. Right now I'm just gonna chill" Assiana shrugs, trying not to show how onto him she was. Ofcourse she wasn't gonna call him out on his continued absence. She'd seen where that'd gotten her so far. No where.

Instead she left it, trusting that everything would come to the light soon. The universe had a way of working out like that.

"I seen. Thanks for washing my shit. Preciate it ma" Ares said, mouth full of pancake as he came over to her with his plate.

"Aye, matter o fact. Ima join you. You not that bad to chill with and I got a lot of time before ima rendezvous with the guys."

Assiana is pleased with his conclusion on the plan for the day and smiles, happy he thought she was not that bad to chill with

That was a win in her book.

Because it was definitely not a loss.

. Yall have seen the losses.

"Alright alright, maybe I do kinda fuck with tiana. She aiite but I aint tryna deal with her like these other females. Tiana the type a Nigga tryna take out, feel me?" Ares says, thinking about the pretty brown skin girl he'd found himself interested in.

Assiana gulps at his confession but smiles nonetheless.

"I fucking knew it. So ask her out then dam. I knew you was young not pussy" she jokes but Ares frowns at her words rather than laughing as she'd expected.

"What the f-" he's cut off by his phone dinging and he checks it.

Standing as he sees the message and the time, he nods at Assiana.

"This was cool or whatever. I'll be back later." he says simply, nodding at her before leaving.

Assiana watches him, wondering what she'd done or said wrong but more so, wondering where he was running off to once again.

She reminded herself that whatever it was, would soon reveal itself. That what was hidden in the dark always came out to the light later on. The universe would fix it.

But as she watched the boys retreating figure, she thought.

'Why wait for the universe to shine the light when she could just use her own flashlight?'

And that's just what she did. Grabbing her car and house keys, Assiana waited for Ares to pull out of the driveway before scrambling to her car and hopping in.

She was officially in stalker mode.

She was gonna find out what the hell this boy was up to.