37

Chapter Thirty-Seven

The rays of the morning sun peeked through the blinds of my window and danced on my face like little magical unicorns. Breathing in a sigh of content from a good nights' sleep, I slowly fluttered an eye open and then the other. I looked around the interior of my room, taking note that everything was just the way I'd always had it. My eyes landed on the foot of my bed, where a familiar grey hoodie lied across the covers. Remembering the events of the night before, my eyes trailed down to my waist, where they locked onto a tan, muscular arm that held me in a tight hold. Running my gaze up the arm, it landed on Logan's sleeping face.

My head had been buried into the crook of his neck, and our legs were tangled together. Nothing had happened the previous night in that way; We simply sneaked back up to my room and lied in bed, talking all night about anything and everything. We eventually feel asleep, our bodies tangled together. Sleeping with Logan's arms around me made me feel safe, as if the whole world around us stopped and it was just him and me. It was the perfect way to spend our first few hours together as a couple.

I got a fuzzy feeling all over just thinking about it. A couple. Logan and I were a couple. Logan was my boyfriend, and I was his girlfriend.

I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut, wanting to squeal but also not wanting to wake Logan up.

When I opened my eyes again, I looked up at his handsome face. He looked so peaceful and at ease, a small smile tugged my lips upward. I could just sit and watch him forever.

I cringed. Not at all creepy, Lauren.

Logan stirred in his sleep as he began to wake up. His eyes slowly fluttered open and glanced around my room. I could see the confusion cross his face before he realized where he was and trailed his eyes down to meet my gaze. I smiled softly at him.

"Good morning," I whispered.

He offered me a lazy, boyish smile and opened his mouth to reply when the doorknob on my door suddenly started to twist. My eyes widened.

Emmie.

I began to panic, wondering what she would think or say if she saw Logan in my bed at this time of the day. She surely would think something happened, and she would probably scold me before asking how it had all happened if only hours ago I was ignoring him.

Without thinking things through, I gave his shoulder a hard shove and pushed him off the bed. He fell and landed on the floor with a loud thud. The door swung open and I quickly covered myself with the blanket and pretended to be in the middle of waking up. I fake yawned and pretended to stretch, raising my arms above my head. I looked over to the door and gave Emmie an innocent smile.

"Good morning," she said with a small smile. "You should start getting ready if you don't want to be late to school. Breakfast is almost ready, just in case you're hungry."

"Okay," I said with a nod and a convincing smile. "I'll be down in a second."

Emmie closed the door, and I waited until the sound of her footsteps travelled down the hallway to release the breath I had been holding. I leaned over the edge of my bed and saw Logan lying on the floor, rubbing at his head. I smiled at him sheepishly and outstretched my hand for him to take.

"I'm so sorry," I said quietly, careful not to speak loud enough for Emmie to hear me. Logan took my hand and shot a playful glare in my direction while still rubbing at his head.

"You couldn't have just hid me under the covers?" He grumbled under his breath as I helped pull him up onto his feet.

"I panicked! I didn't have time to think of what to do." I said, giving him my best I'm-sorry-I-pushed-you-off-the-bed face. "Are you okay?"