Chapter 2

*In order to keep class 1-A's roster at 20, I'm removing Ridiko Sato from the story. If you are a fan of this character I'm sorry and hope you can still enjoy the story.*

___________

The dream Noriko was having was interrupted by a blaring alarm clock that caused her to open her eyes and immediately forget that she had even been dreaming. Noriko sat up and grabbed her phone off her nightstand to turn off the alarm before getting out of bed. Noriko wouldn't consider herself a morning person, but she had gotten used to waking up early after getting little sleep. And she knew today wasn't the day to sleep in.

Today was her first day at UA's hero course.

It had been a few months since Ryu told her she had been accepted into the hero course. Noriko had been given less than a week to decide if she would actually join the hero course, but she had only needed a day. The idea of being a hero and a singer had grown on her. She had done a little bit of research and found that there were a few other heroes who were also pretty famous singers who were all glad to be doing both, even if it meant an extra workload. At this point, she was looking forward to starting at UA.

Over the past few months, Noriko had trained more than she ever had before. Noriko has always had decent control over her quirk, but she had improved a lot over the last few months. Noriko had a simple ice quirk that gave her the ability to create ice by freezing the air, then she could manipulate and shape that ice.

Noriko had never had trouble using her quirk even though she had only learned to details of how it worked during her training sessions. It was a simple quirk so it was easy for her to use. Granted, she had only ever used it to create ice cubes in drinks and whatever else they needed ice for.

She had explored the things she could do with her quirk a few times, but she had never really needed to use her quirk for much so she never really thought much about it. But while training, she found she really liked creating things out of ice, like specific objects and animals. Noriko knew she could probably do more with her quirk, but never bothered to figure it out. Even while training, all she learned how to do was create ice creatures and accidentally covered her dance studio room in ice.

Noriko let out a sigh and got out of bed before changing into her uniform and doing the rest of her morning routine.

When she finished, Noriko grabbed her phone, earbud case, and bag before walking out of her room. She walked into the kitchen and saw her brother sitting on his phone at the kitchen island.

"Good morning, Shiro," Noriko greeted, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the plate of french toast that was left for her by Shiro.

"Mornin'," Shiro replied as Noriko sat down on one of the stools next to her brother.

They sat in silence for a minute while Noriko took a few bites of her toast before Shiro said, "So, it's your first day in the hero course." Noriko hummed and he continued. "You have to tell me about it when you get back."

"I definitely will," Noriko said with a smile. "I'm just a little worried about how I'll interact with people. It's been two years since I've talked to anyone who doesn't treat me like a celebrity, besides you, Ryu, and a few other people."

"And that is your fault," Shiro retorted a little sarcastically.

Noriko scoffed, "Oh whatever. Homeschool was way better anyways."

"I'm sure it was."

"You're just jealous," Noriko teased, earning an annoyed look from her brother. She laughed and lightly shook her head, "Well, I should probably get going."