Chapter 38

Noriko wasn't released from the hospital for the next few days. Iida had been the first to leave, going back to be with his family. Then, the next day, Todoroki stopped by Noriko's room to tell her that he was returning to his internship and the day after that, Noriko and Midoriya were allowed to leave the hospital too. Although, with only one day left of her internship, Noriko wasn't able to do much. She mostly just followed Aries around for a day before having to leave.

After the week of internships was over, Noriko got home and had to retell her story of the Hosu incident without skipping over a single little detail. Although, she did skip over big details when talking about the Nomu, but Ryu and Shiro were too interested in her fight with the Hero Killer to notice. Soon, Noriko was back at school, speeding up to catch up to Todoroki, who she spotted as she was walking down the hall to her class.

"Hey, Todoroki," Noriko greeted, as she matched his pace to walk with him.

"Oh, hey Hiromi," Todoroki replied, looking at her. "How are you? Did all your injuries heal?"

Noriko nodded, "Yeah, I got to go back to my internship for the last day. Though, I hadn't really fully recovered so I didn't do much. But what about you?"

"I only had minor injuries," Todoroki said simply.

Noriko rolled her eyes, "Well, I know that. I mean your internship. How was that after you got back?"

Todoroki narrowed his eyes, "It was fine."

"That's good," Noriko replied. She opened her mouth to add more, but decided against it, getting the feeling Todoroki didn't really want to talk about his internship. So instead, they walked the rest of the short distance to their classroom in silence.

When they walked inside, not even half the class had arrived and it was slightly awkward as they sat at their desks in silence. But luckily, Midoriya and Iida walked in and Midoriya broke that silence, "Hey, Hiromi, Todoroki."

"Hey," Noriko replied with a smile as Midoriya and Iida stood by her and Todoroki's desks. "How are you guys?"

"We're doing well," Iida answered. "And you?"

Noriko shrugged, "I'm a bit tired, but I'm fine."

"That's good," Midoriya said.

"Yeah," Noriko muttered before letting out a sigh and leaning back in her chair. By now, almost everyone was in class. It seemed like everyone was following after Midoriya and Iida. Uraraka had an intense aura around her and Bakugo was having hair troubles. But after a few seconds, everyone's attention was suddenly on Noriko and the three boys next to her.

"I heard you guys had a run-in with the Hero Killer. I'm glad you're ok." Kirishima said as everyone drifted to the back of the room where Noriko, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida were.

"I was worried about you too," Yaoyorozu added, a few others agreeing with her.

"Endeavor saved you guys, right?" Higakure asked. "That's just what I'd expect from the number 2 hero."

Noriko looked over at Todoroki as his gaze fell to his desk. She knew Todoroki had issues with his dad and part of her worried he'd be annoyed that Endeavor was taking all the credit for something Todoroki did. But if he was irritated, he didn't show anything as he said, "Yeah, he saved us."

"Did you guys hear the news about how the Hero Killer was connected to the League of Villains?" Ojiro questioned, earning everyone's attention. "Imagine if that creep had been there when they attacked the USJ. It would've been even scarier."

Noriko bit her lip and narrowed her eyes at the ground, a rush of fear surging through her. Imagining if someone like that had attacked my studio is even scarier.