Chapter 8

A few days later, Noriko had run into a mob of reporters standing in front of UA's gates. This had been happening for the past few days now and it had set Noriko on edge every day. She was used to dealing with paparazzi when she was Nora, but whenever she was just herself she hated being around reporters. The differences between Noriko and Nora in appearance were very small and it was just barely enough to keep people from figuring it out when they looked at her. Noriko was sure that if she got an internet presence from being a hero course student at UA rumors about her being Nora or connected to Nora in some way would surface quickly.

Noriko started to push her way through the crowd, only to be stopped by a reporter who shoved a microphone in her face, "Tell me, what is it like being taught by the number one hero?"

"Oh, well..." Noriko pushed the microphone away from her face. "It's cool, but he's our teacher. He's not signing autographs and taking pictures."

The reporter didn't say anything for a minute and seemed like she was trying to think of something, "You know... you look kinda familiar."

Noriko tensed. She didn't think someone would actually get even close to recognizing her. Unless the reporter was comparing her to someone besides Nora then she had recognized her sooner than anyone ever had, even Mai hadn't recognized her without the extensions and makeup super quickly for the first time.

Noriko cut the reporter off before she could say anything else, "I've got to go."

"Wait-" Noriko shoved her way past some of the other reporters and made her way past the gate.

That could've been bad. Noriko thought, glancing back at the mob before stepping inside the school.

Noriko wanted to keep her identity as Nora a secret for a few different reasons. The first one being that she wanted to keep her private life. The second people know her true identity she wouldn't be able to go anywhere without having to take pictures with someone. She also didn't want people at school to start trying to become friends with her just because she was Nora. Noriko didn't become a popular singer just because she wanted people's attention. She became one to try to inspire people.

Noriko walked into class and sat down at her seat. It didn't take too long for the few students that weren't inside of the class to walk in. Soon, the bell rang and Aizawa walked to the front of the room.

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training," Aizawa started. "I saw the video feeds and ent over your team's results. Bakugo, you're talented, so don't sulk like a kid over your loss."

"Yeah, whatever," Bakugo growled.

"And Midoriya," Aizawa continued. "I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder and don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while trying to use your quirk. But it'll be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So show some urgency, ok?"

"Right!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Alright, let's get down to business, our first task will decide your future."

Noriko tensed as silence stretched on for a minute before Aizawa finally said, "You need to pick a class representative."

Noriko let out a sigh of relief as everyone started raising their hands to volunteer for the job. Noriko wasn't as eager to volunteer for the class rep job. She wouldn't mind it but she didn't need that responsibility on top of everything she already had to deal with.

"Silence, everyone, please!" Iida shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "The class representative's job is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of everyone in the classroom. Therefore the most logical way to fill this position is democratically. We will have an election to choose our leader."