Chapter 29

"Now, to start, this is the office for my company. You won't really be spending any time here. Maybe a little, but I just wanted you to see it." Aries said as Noriko stared out over the large room full of cubicles and work areas. People were either talking to each other or working. The entire air of the place made it obvious that they all took their jobs very seriously.

"And down this way," Aries continued as she lead Noriko off the balcony and down the hall to a room with a large desk, "is my office. This is where we'll go over the agenda for the day. Also, if I'm not around and you need me, this is where I most likely am."

"Ok, cool," Noriko muttered before Aries turned around and Noriko followed her out of the room.

"Next, I'll be showing you the training room," Aries said as they arrived at the elevators. After a short trip, they arrived in a large training room. "This is the training room. This one is specifically used for new sidekicks and interns like yourself."

Noriko glanced around the room. It was mostly open space, but there were also dummies at the back and a few punching bags. It certainly wasn't anything too special, but Noriko figured it was because it didn't need to be anything special.

"Now, I've seen most of what you're capable of during the sports festival, but I'd like to see your abilities up close," Aries said. "And I'd like to know what your limits are."

"So you want me to demonstrate my quirk?" Noriko questioned.

"Exactly," Aries replied. "So whenever you're ready, just show me what you can do. If you need a target, you can attack the dummies in the back. And you don't need to worry about damaging the room either. It was designed to be able to withstand attacks from nearly every type of quirk. And if something does happen, I can get someone to fix it."

Noriko nodded and took a deep breath. She didn't really know her exact limit and the entirety of how her quirk worked, so she figured now would be as good a time as ever to figure that out.

Noriko used her quirk and created a small variety of ice creatures. The temperature in the room dropped a bit as she made a ram, a lion, a dragon, and a few birds. But they all just sort of stood there - the birds floating in the air. It was more like she created really intricate ice sculptures instead of animate creatures.

Aries hummed as she observed the ice creatures, "Explain to me exactly how your quirk works."

"Well, I don't know exactly how it works, but I know that I freeze water molecules that are in the air and sort of gather them together to create something," Noriko explained as the ice creatures slowly started to melt into a puddle of water. "But I don't ever need to actually think about that when I'm using it. I just think about what I want to make and it just sort of appears."

"Understanding how your quirk works is important for learning how to improve it," Aries said, sounding a little bit critical. "Though, teaching something like that is not my strong suit, so just be sure to have that in mind."

"Right."

"Now, I noticed that, compared to some of your other classmates, you seem to reach your limit pretty quickly," Aries started, earning a confused look from Noriko. Though, she had an idea of where this conversation was going. "During your fight with that explosion boy, Bakugo I believe, you seemed to be going past your limits nearly the whole time. It's good that you pushed yourself, but you shouldn't be hitting that limit so soon. It's almost as though you had less experience with your quirk than your classmates. So we'll work on that when training, raising your limits."

"Yeah," Noriko muttered. Aries was certainly right. While her classmates were training to prepare for UA's entrance exam, Noriko was traveling across Japan to sing to people. She rarely did anything with her quirk. The most training she ever did was dancing for concerts and a little bit of running to stay in shape.

"I do like that you create ice animals instead of just chunks of ice," Aries continued, pulling Noriko out of her thoughts. "It sets you apart and having more versatility is good for heroes. We'll work on that as well."

"Right."

"But what would you like to get out of this internship?" Aries asked, the sudden question slightly catching Noriko off guard. "You mentioned that you wanted to learn how I balance my company and my hero work."

"Yeah," Noriko said. She paused for a minute and thought out her words before speaking. "I'm going to also have to balance hero work and other work, which was the main reason I picked your agency. I guess I'd like to learn the logistics of being a hero. Like what kind of work it is and how much time it takes. That sort of thing."

Aries hummed, "So I suppose our best course of action while you're here is to essentially have you shadow me."

"That would work," Noriko mumbled.

"Right then, I'll show you back to your room, seeing as there's not a ton of time left in the day and you still need to get settled in," Aries said. "And starting tomorrow, I'll teach you what it's like to be a hero."