Chater 6

The class arrived at the monitor room and All Might told the heroes they could enter the building.

"Pay attention, students. Think about what you would do." All Might instructed.

Noriko looked at the screens and watched the two teams fight. Bakugo and Midoriya had ended up splitting off from their teammates and fighting each other. They seemed to be yelling at each other, but no one could hear them because there was no sound hooked up.

The battle went by and ended with Uraraka managing to get to the weapon and touch it. Which meant the hero team won. Though, it didn't seem like the greatest victory to Noriko. Midoriya was all beat up and half the building was destroyed.

"Well, despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is Young Iida," All Might announced once Uraraka, Bakugo, and Iida were in the monitor room. Midoriya was in the nurse's office after he took a big hit from Bakugo and broke his arm with his quirk.

Iida looked up at All Might in shock. Some students questioned why it was him and not someone from the hero team since they won.

"Great question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" All Might asked.

Next to Noriko, Yaoyorozu raised her hand, "Sir! I can tell you why. Iida was the only one who embraced this challenge for what it truly was. He was able to adapt to his assigned role. I'll explain. Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, launching a large-scale attack indoors was a bad move, it could've been disastrous. Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage he received. He rendered himself helpless, which was not smart. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was far too reckless given the hypothetical stakes. If she treated the weapon as though it was real, she would've never risked such an imprecise move. Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival, he had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission, even if the plan failed in the end. Technically the hero team won, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trail."

Noriko looked at Iida, then Yaoyorozu. She hadn't been expecting that from her. Though, Noriko didn't really know much more about Yaoyorozu than her name, so she didn't know what to expect.

"Yes," All Might said, regaining everyone's attention. "Well, you overlooked a few things, like how Young Iida could've relaxed more. But other than that, you nailed it."

"One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. That's the only way to become a top pro." Yaoyorozu stated.

"Now then, let's move on to the next match. You all should think about everything you saw to help you tackle this training exercise."

Once the next two teams started, Noriko walked up to Yaoyorozu, "So... what should our plan be?"

"Well, before we work out a plan, could you tell me about your quirk?" Yaoyorozu asked.

Noriko nodded, "Yeah, I can create things out of ice. Depending on what I create I can make it move and stuff. Like what I did yesterday during the quirk assessment thing. What about you?"

"I can create anything from my body as long as I know the atomic configuration," Yaoyorozu explained.

"Wow, that sounds cool," Noriko complimented with a small smile.

"Oh, thank you," Yaoyorozu replied, returning the smile.

There was a few seconds of silence before Noriko asked, "So, do you have any ideas for a plan?"

"I may have something."

* * *

Noriko followed Yaoyorozu into the building and to the room with the fake weapon in it. Once they got there, Yaoyorozu immediately started to make metal bars that would fit into the doorway to serve as a blockade. Whenever Yaoyorozu made a bar, Noriko would put it in its place until they had enough to cover the entire door. Then, Noriko placed her hand on the blockade and froze it. A layer of ice covered the door to help keep anyone from breaking down the blockade.

They were up against Kaminari and Jiro, so Noriko had been pretty confident in their plan. Yaoyorozu had told her what she knew about their quirks and both of them agreed they wouldn't be able to use their quirks to help them take down the blockade. And since that door was the only way into the room, Noriko didn't doubt that they'd have a lot of trouble getting in.

"Ok, that's it," Noriko said, taking a step back from the barricade.

"I hope this works," Yaoyorozu mumbled, standing up and staring at the ice-covered door.

"It will. I know it will." Noriko said confidently. She could tell Yaoyorozu was doubting herself and wanted to give her some confidence. "This is a great plan."

Yaoyorozu looked at Noriko with a small smile, "Now we just wait for them to find us and try to destroy the barricade. If they do manage to break it down, we need to be ready for them."

Noriko nodded and they waited to hopefully hear something coming from the other side of the door. It didn't take long for the hero team to find us, considering Jiro's quirk allows her to hear pretty much everything inside the building. Noriko could hear them trying to break down the blockade, but they were on a time limit. When the time was up, they hadn't been able to make any progress with breaking it down.

"See, your plan did work," Noriko said to Yaoyorozu as All Might announced that their team won and the ice that was covering the door started melting on Noriko's cue.

Yaoyorozu smiled, "Yes, it did."

The two made their way out of the building and meet up with the rest of the class back in the monitor room.

"The MVP of this round is Yaoyorozu!" All Might announced once the two teams were back in the monitor room. "Her brilliant plan led to an easy victory and it caused no property damage or harm to the other students."

"Nice job, Yaoyorozu," Noriko said once All Might finished talking and the next team went out to start.

"Thank you," Yaoyorozu replied. "I'm glad things worked out for us." 

Noriko hummed, "Yeah."

The next battle started and soon, all the mock battles were finished and All Might was standing in front of the class with a proud look on his face. "That's a wrap! Super work. You really stepped up to the plate and we didn't have any major injuries other than Young Midoriya. You should be proud of yourselves, that was an excellent first day of training."

"It's nice to hear some words of encouragement after our homeroom class. Mr. Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill." Tsuyu said.

"I'm happy to bring such excellent positivity to my students!" All Might exclaimed. "That's all for now, folks. I should go check on Young Midoriya's progress. Now watch how a pro exits like he's got somewhere to be!"

All Might turned and ran off toward the exit with a gust of wind.

And with that, Noriko's first day of hero training was over.