Chapter 10

A few days passed since the break-in and Noriko was sitting in the classroom as Aizawa stepped up to the front of the classroom to start the day's hero lessons, "Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

Do we have three instructors because of the break-in? Or is it just because we need three teachers there? Noriko asked herself, thinking back to what had happened the other day. She had completely forgotten how strange it had been that the media had been able to get past the school's security gate between her homework and songwriting. The event had only been briefly talked about when she had gotten home that day during her daily school day recap she did for Shiro. At this point, the most worrying part about the break-in to Noriko was that, if the press was crazy enough to actually break past UA's security gates, what would happen if the media discovered where she lived? Or Nora's identity?

Sero raised his hand and spoke up, pulling Noriko out of her thoughts, "Sir! What kind of training is this?"

"Rescue," Aizawa answered, holding up a card that had the word 'rescue' on it. "You'll be dealing with natural disasters. Shipwrecks, stuff like that."

Chatter arose from the students. And Noriko felt a bit of excitement fill her. Rescue training sounded a lot more her speed than combat training.

"Guy, I'm not finished yet," Aizawa said, regaining the attention of the students. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes, but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet and they may limit your abilities. This special training's in an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready."

Noriko got out of her seat and grabbed the suitcase that had her costume in it before following everyone to the locker rooms to get changed. Once everyone got changed into their hero costumes they all gathered outside near the bus that would take them to the facility they were going to.

Iida blew a whistle to get everyone's attention, "Gather round, Class 1-A! Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently."

Noriko got on the bus and ignored Iida's seating plan to sit down at the first empty seat she found.

"Mind if I sit here?" Noriko asked Todoroki. He looked up at her and her icy blue eyes meet his heterochromatic ones. A random thought popped into her mind about how pretty she found heterochromatic eyes.

"Sure," Todoroki said. Noriko smiled and sat down. She leaned back in her seat and got lost in her thoughts, somehow blocking out Bakugo's yelling.

"Hey, hey, we're here. Stop messing around." Aizawa said, gaining everyone's attention.

"Yes, sir."

The bus pulled to a stop and everyone got off of the bus. Then they were greeted by the pro hero, Thirteen, "Hello everyone, I can't wait to show you what's inside."

Noriko and the rest of her class followed Thirteen inside and immediately had her breath taken away from her. Everywhere she looked was a different area for a different disaster.

"A shipwreck, a landslide, a fire, a windstorm, etcetera," Thirteen started. "I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disasters. I call it, the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. But you can call it USJ!"

Universal Studios Japan. Noriko thought. She had been there before for a concert and thought this place seemed much cooler. Mostly since Noriko wasn't big on roller coasters and rescue training was much more interesting.

"Hey, where's all Might," Aizawa asked Thirteen, who lowered their voice so only Aizawa could hear before Aizawa raised his voice so everyone could hear him. "The clock's ticking. We should get started."

"Great," Thirteen said. "Before we begin, let me just day one thing. Well, maybe two things. Possibly three, four, or five."

"We get it," the class interrupted.

"Listen carefully, I'm sure you're aware that I have a powerful quirk. It's called 'Black Hole'. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it to dust." Thirteen explained.

"Yeah, you've used your quirk to save hundreds of people," Midoriya added, an exciting glow on his face that reminded Noriko a bit of her brother during the rare times he got excited over something. Thinking about it, Noriko could see Midoriya and Shiro nerding out about some random hero stuff.

"That's true, but my quirk could easily be used to kill," Thirteen said, their tone shifting a bit. "Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all quirks are certified and stringently regulated, so we often overlook how unsafe they can be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or make the wrong move, your powers could be deadly. Even if you're trying to do something virtuous like rescue someone. Thanks to Aizawa's fitness test, you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against people. Carry those lessons to this class. Today, you're going to use your quirks to learn how to save people's lives. You won't be using your quirks to be attacking enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero's all about. Ensuring the safety of others. That's all I have to say, thank you for listening."

"Right. Now that that's over-" Aizawa started, but he was cut off when the lights started to flicker and the fountain started to act weird. Then, purple mist showed up in front of the fountain and started to expand before villains started to walk out of it.

Noriko took in a sharp breath as she stared down at the plaza as tons of villains started to pour out of the mist. This can't be real. Noriko thought, panic filling her. It can't be real. There's no way this is real.

"Woah, what is that thing?" Kirishima questioned, leaning forward to get a better look at the misty portal and the villains walking out of it. "Wait, has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people?"

A few students tried to walk forward, but Aizawa stopped them, "Stay back! This is real, those are villains."

Noriko took a few steps back, bumping into someone, though, Noriko didn't know who.

This can't be happening.

Noriko heard someone start talking and it took her a second to realize it was coming from the mist. "The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraserhead. Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well."

"So you scumbags used the press as a cover and snuck into the campus," Aizawa growled.

"Where is he? We went through the trouble if bringing so many friends who are eager to meet him. They want All Might, the great Symbol of Peace." A man who came out of the mist next to a bird monster said. "I can't believe he's not here. Maybe if I kill a few kids, he'll come out to play."

Noriko took a few deep breaths as fear coursed through her. These were real villains. They were under attack.