Chapter 42

"Now that you've finished your first semester at UA, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin," Aizawa announced as he stood in front of the class. They were outside getting ready to load onto a bus that would take them to the summer training camp. "However, don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes in the making. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become 'plus ultra'."

Not long after Aizawa finished talking, Uraraka, Mina, and Kaminari started cheering about camp before class 1-B showed up. Noriko had honestly forgotten about Monoma and his antics until he showed up and started yelling, "I heard some of class A is taking extra courses. Does that mean they actually failed the final exam? That must be so embarrassing. Especially since your class is supposed to be so much better than mine! All of you must be wallowing in shame!"

Then Kendo chopped him on the back of the neck and knocked him out before apologizing for his antics. Then class B loaded onto their bus before Iida began instructing everyone to get on theirs. Noriko ended up sitting next to Todoroki and Noriko put in earbuds to listen to music and block out her loud classmates. She was lucky that the worse of her classmates -- Iida, and Aoyama, who were both standing, and the group at the front, who were just talking really loudly -- were not right next to her.

For the next hour, Noriko listened to music and stared at her phone. She took out her earbuds once to talk to Todoroki about what he thought the camp would be like, but that conversation quickly died even after she tried to keep it going. So she went back to her phone for the rest of the time.

After the hour of driving had passed, the bus pulled to a stop on a small overlook. There was already a black car there, but no one was on the platform looking at the forest. Noriko ignored the car as she and everyone else got off the bus to stretch their legs.

Noriko stretched her arms and let out a sigh as Kaminari said, "Finally, I needed off that bus."

"Yeah, but this isn't much of a rest area," Kirishima pointed out.

"No. And where's class B?" Jiro asked, making Noriko a little worried.

"You don't really think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, do you?" Aizawa questioned, only fueling Noriko's unease.

The doors of the parked car opened and two ladies dressed in hero costumes that had cat features stepped out. Noriko didn't recognize either of them but it was easy to tell they were pro-heroes.

"Heya, Erasure," the one with a red outfit greeted.

"Long time no see," Aizawa replied with a small bow.

"Your feline fantasies are here! Say meow!" the one in red started.

Noriko looked at her with confusion that only increased when the one in blue said, "Purrfectly cute and cat-like girls!"

"You can call us, the Wild Wild Pussycats!" The two finished together, ending in a pose. Noriko noticed a small boy standing off to the side of them, but ultimately it didn't stick in her mind as she stared at the two pro heroes, dumbfounded.

"These are the pros you'll be working with during the summer training camp," Aizawa stated simply, not at all fazed by the ridiculous introduction they gave.

"They're a four-person hero team who specialize in mountain rescues!" Midoriya started with his normal nerd energy. Noriko wasn't at all surprised when he was the only person who knew the two pro heroes. "The Pussycats were founded when we were kids, like forever ago! This marks their twelfth year working as a-"

Midoriya was cut off when the blue one, Pixie-bob shoved a paw in his face, "I'm pretty sure you're math must be off. I'm eighteen at heart."

Wow, that's a bit sad. Noriko thought to herself as Pixie-bob glared at Midoriya, who apologized from under her paw.

"Everyone, say hello," Aizawa instructed.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." The class greeted together.

"We own this whole stretch of land out here, everything you can see. The summer camp you're staying at is there," Mandalay informed as she pointed toward the forest, "at the base of the mountain."

"Uh, then why did we stop all the way up here," Uraraka asked, Noriko feeling her sense of unease increase even more. The summer camp was far. It made no sense that they stopped there unless there was another reason. And it seemed there was.

"I'm afraid we both know the answer to that," Tsu replied, also understanding what was happening.

"You've gotta be kidding," Noriko muttered as a sense of dread filled her.

"Um, back on the bus, quick," Sero said, turning back toward the bus. "Let's go."

"Good idea," Kaminari agreed, a nervous smile on his face. "Load up."

"The time is currently 9:30 in the morning. If you're fast about it, you might make it there by noon." Mandalay said, fully confirming Noriko and everyone else's thoughts. The class started to run back to the bus, Noriko running with them even though she knew it was no use. "Kitties who don't make it there by 12:30 won't get any lunch."

"You should've guessed, students," Aizawa started as Pixie-bob appeared in front of the class and stopped their run to the bus. "The training camp has already begun."

The ground beneath them suddenly rumbled and there was a flash of blue light before the class was swept off the side of the cliff by Pixie-bob's quirk. Everyone screamed as they all fell to the bottom of the cliff and into the forest. 

"Good news!" Noriko heard Mandalay yell from above her. Noriko wasn't sure what good news she could possibly be telling them after knocking them to the bottom of a cliff to make them travel through a forest to get to camp. "Since this is private land you can use your quirks as much as you want! You've got three full hours. You should be able to make it to the camp in that time. That is, if you can get through the beasts' forest."

-Author Note-

No, you're not seeing wrong, this is a repost of chapter 42. I don't know how, but somehow a chapter from the original ended up as chapter 42. It's my fault for not reading over the chapter before posting it, but oh well. I honestly don't understand how it happened though and now I'm a bit worried that I may have lost a chapter or something. But this chapter works after the last one, I think. I'm going to have to reread things later, I just needed to put this out first before anyone else reads a chapter from the wrong version of this book.

Anyways, I'm at work right now, so I'm gonna go back to that and I hope you all have a great day!

-Starlight