Chapter 9

"Warning. Level three security breach." An automated voice announced over the speakers. "All students please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion."

"What?" Noriko mumbled, glancing around at the panic in other students' faces.

"What's a level three security Breach?" Iida asked the upperclassman that was next to him.

"It means someone's managed to get past the school's barriers," he said in a panicked voice. "This hasn't happened in my three years here. We should get going!"

The boy jumped out of his seat and ran off toward the exit, leaving the confused first years.

Noriko shared a worried glance with her friends before she stood up, "Come on. We need to go. This could be bad."

"Ok," the trio agreed before they also got up and quickly made their way to the hallway.

Unfortunately, the hall was filled, wall to wall, with students pushing and shoving each other. Noriko tried to avoid the mob, but part of her knew that there was no going back the second she stepped into the hallway.

"Ow!" Uraraka cried as she was shoved by the students. "This is a total mob!"

"Everyone was quick to react. It's just what I'd expect from UA students!" Iida exclaimed.

"Sure! But they're also causing a huge panic!" Midoriya shouted.

"Yeah, everyone's worried about the break-in," I yelled over the loud, panicked voices of the other students. "But this definitely isn't how this should be happening."

"I can't stop!" Midoriya exclaimed as he was pulled away from the group.

"No! Deku!" Uraraka yelled as Noriko was also separated from the other three and tried everything she could to get out of the crowd, but pushing against the crowd quickly proved to be a stupid idea.

Noriko's next solution was to get out of the center of the crowd and see if she could hug the wall to get out of the crowd. She managed to make it halfway to the wall before she was rammed into another person and then squeezed between the two.

"Damn," Noriko muttered trying to push her way away from the two students she was stuck between while panicked screams and yelling filled her ears.

She eventually pulled away from where she was trapped and managed to make it a little further through the crowd until she was shoved into another student.

"Sorry," Noriko muttered looking up to see she had run into Todoroki.

He gave her a look Noriko couldn't really read before the entire crowd stopped moving as a familiar voice yelled, "Listen up everyone! Everything is ok!"

Noriko looked up and saw Iida standing on top of the exit sign. She shifted where she was standing a bit so she had a little more space around her as Iida continued, "It's just the media outside. There's absolutely nothing to be worried about. Everything is fine! We're UA students, we need to remain calm and prove that we're the best of the best."

"Of course, it was the press," Noriko mumbled with a sigh.

Soon, everyone was going back to the cafeteria to continue eating. Noriko had ended up being one of the last people who had gotten out of the hallways and back to the cafeteria. While she was walking past the window, something caught her eye. Noriko turned and looked out the window to see the press being ushered out of the gates by the police. That's when she realized just how strange it was that the press had managed to get past the school's security.

Wasn't the press stopped by the security gates early? Noriko asked herself as she stared down at the gates. How did they get in now?

"Hey, Hiromi," Uraraka said suddenly, snapping Noriko out of her thoughts. "Come on, your food's gonna get cold."

"Oh, yeah, I'm coming," Noriko replied, glancing out the window one last time before following Uraraka back into the cafeteria. Noriko was sure she was just overthinking things. She had known how intense the press could be so it wouldn't be incredibly unbelievable for them to have found a way to get past the security.

She lightly shook her head and ignored her thoughts before sitting down in her seat and eating.

* * *

After lunch, Midoriya and Yaoyorozu stood at the front of the classroom. It was quiet and everyone's attention was on the two at the front of the room.

"It's time class rep. Let's begin." Yaoyorozu said.

"Um, ok, so, we need to figure out who the other class officers will be." Midoriya started, looking terrified, but then he relaxed a bit. "But first, there's something that I wanna say. I've thought a lot about this and I think that Tenya Iida should be our class rep! He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So I believe that he should be the one leading our class from now on!"

Noriko smiled as she looked over at Iida. She was sure he'd do a lot better as class rep than Midoriya, with no offense intended to him. As Midoriya had said, Iida was able to get everything back in order earlier and he just seemed to have the right personality for a good class rep.

"Yeah, you know what? If Midoriya vouches for him, I'm good." Kirishima said. "Plus, he was a big help. He totally manned up and took charge, right?"

"Yeah," Kaminari agreed. "Oh, and did you notice he looked like the dude on the emergency exit sign when he was on the wall earlier?"

"This is a waste of time," Aizawa interrupted, suddenly sitting up. "I don't care who the rep is, just hurry up."

Aizawa flopped back over and Iida stood up, "If Midoriya is nominating me for this job, then I humbly accept. I pledge to carry out the duties of class rep to the best of my abilities."

"Sounds good, emergency exit," Kirishima said.

"Emergency Exit Iida. Don't let us down man!" Kaminari exclaimed.

Noriko let out a sigh as Midoriya sat down and Iida made his way to the front of the classroom. As he continued going over what Midoriya had started, Noriko sighed again and got lost in her thoughts before one of their actual classes started.