Chapter 43

"The beast's forest?" Midoriya questioned as they all turned to look at the forest.

"That sounds like a name right out of a fantasy game," Kaminari commented, sounding a bit worried.

"Why do we keep falling for Aizawa's little tricks?" Jiro questioned.

"At this point, we should've seen it coming," Noriko replied, as she dusted off her skirt.

"Well, there's no use complaining," Kirishima said. "Might as well get going."

Mineta ran past them and into the forest before Noriko heard a roar and saw a giant brown monster. Sero and Kaminari yelled about how they were all going to die before Koda attempted to use his quirk, Noriko never hearing him yell that loudly. But it didn't seem to work as the beast still swung at Mineta and Midoriya had to jump in to save him. Then Todoroki, Iida, and Bakugo ran in and destroyed the monster.

Sero and Kirishima complimented them on destroying the beast so easily as the class walked into the forest. That's when they realized the more of the dirt monsters filled the forest and they'd have to destroy tons of them to make it out.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Kaminari complained as a new beast flew into the air. "Don't you think this is a little unfair?"

"What now? Do we run?" Mina questioned.

"This isn't good. If we don't make it to the camp fast enough we won't get anything to eat." Kirishima said.

"He's right. We have no choice but to cut through these woods using the shortest possible route." Yaoyorozu said, earning nods of agreement.

"Alright, let's go Class A!" Iida exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

Shoji and Jiro almost immediately got to work with tracking the beasts and letting the class know where they were. Then everyone slipt up into groups and started taking them down.

Noriko ran over to the first one she spotted and froze the water that was in the monster. It froze over, unable to move, before Uraraka ran forward and touched it, making it float in the air.

"Tsu. He's all yours!" Uraraka shouted.

"Leave it to me," Tsu replied as she wrapped her tongue around the frozen dirt monster and flung it into the air.

Uraraka pressed her fingertips together and said, "Release" causing the beast to come crashing down, shattering with a loud crash. Noriko high five Uraraka and Tsu before they were told more were coming.

As Noriko froze another one of the beasts, she had a feeling that it was going to take them more than three hours to get through the forest. The dirt monsters would just keep coming and at some point, they'd reach their limits. And once that happened, fighting monsters the way they were would become a lot more tedious.

Noriko let out a frustrated sigh as she made ice birds that few at another monster. I don't think we're going to make it back in time to have lunch.

* * *

By the time they made it to camp, Noriko wasn't sure how much time had passed, but she knew it was way past noon. The sun was getting ready to set and Noriko felt as hungry as she normally did at dinner time after skipping lunch. Her head was also throbbing and her entire body felt extremely cold. She felt like a block of ice and she was shivering so bad Todoroki offered to use some of his flames to warm her up. Despite being warmed by Todoroki's fire, she still felt like she was dying and collapsed on the ground when they made it to the clearing in front of the camp facility.

"You said it would only be, like, three hours!" Sero complained, just as worn out as the rest of the class.

"I guess we timed it based on how long it'd take us. Sorry." Mandalay said, causing a few of Noriko's classmates to complain about Mandalay's comment.

"I thought it would you kids even longer! But you did much better against my dirt monsters than I thought you would. You guys were seriously great. Especially the four of you." Noriko glanced over to see Pixie-bob pointing at Midoriya, Iida, Bakugo, and Todoroki. Noriko wasn't surprised and was happy she didn't get picked out of the group as Pixie-bob ran toward them and started surrounding them. "I call dips on these kittens. I'll groom them myself!"

Noriko fell back onto the ground and stared up at the sky, not in the mood to think about what was wrong with that statement. She felt so tired. It had been a while since she felt that terrible after some sort of training and it always made her remember why by becoming a hero hadn't been her first choice of career.

"Uh, speaking of people's ages-" Midoriya started, regaining Noriko's attention as Pixie-bob shoved her paw in Midoriya's face like she had before.

"Choose your next words carefully boy," Pixie-bob growled in a threatening voice.

"I've just been wondering since we got here earlier," Midoriya said, as he pointed at the kid who was standing a little ways away from Mandalay, his voice muffled by Pixie-bob's paw, "Who is that kid? What's he doing here?"

"Oh, this little guy?" Mandalay questioned, Noriko sighed as she pushed herself back into a sitting position to get a better look at who they were talking about. "He's actually my cousin's son. He just lives with us now. Don't be shy, Kota. Say hi to everyone. You're going to be around them for the next week."

Noriko watched as Midoriya walked up to the boy who seemed to be glaring at everyone, "Hey there. My name's Midoriya. I'm from the UA high school hero course. It's nice to meet you."

Midoriya held out his hand, only for Kota to punch him in the crotch instead of shaking his hand. Iida ran to catch Midoriya as he fell forward. "What a low blow! You fiend of a child!"

"The last thing I wanna do is hang around a bunch of wannabe heroes," Kota growled, making Noriko immediately think the kid was like a mini version of Bakugo as Iida yelled back at the boy. Then she noticed Todoroki voicing the same thought, causing Bakugo to scream at him.

"Enough playing around," Aizawa said, regaining the class's attention. "Get your stuff off the bus. Once your bags are in your rooms we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. After that, you can bathe and sleep. Tomorrow, your training starts in earnest. You better get a move on."

Noriko followed the class and got her bag from the bus before following the rest of the girls into their room. Her headache was going down and she had changed into some warmer clothes. She still felt extremely tired and didn't feel a normal body temperature until halfway through dinner. But by the time she was getting into the hot springs with the rest of the girls, she felt much better and the hot water felt amazing after being so cold.

Then, a little after there was a bit of a disaster when Mineta tried to climb the wall separating the boy and girls and Kota fell off of it after stopping him, Noriko and the rest of the girls ended up heading to bed. Mina attempted to talk more with the girls, but even Higakure didn't want to hold a conversation for that long and Mina became tired after just a few minutes of being in bed. As Noriko laid down in her bed, it only took a few minutes before fatigue seemed to completely take over and she fell asleep.

-Author Note-

I'm nearing the end of my prewritten chapters. I have one left. However, I will be writing more when I get home from vacation, so it should be ok. But if not, you guys will know. I'm just having some trouble with writing this story because I've started to dislike how it's going. At this point, my goal is just to finish it so I can have it done and then wait until the last season of the anime comes out so I can see what I can do with this.

But anyways, that's my problem, not yours. So I hope you all have a great day!

-Starlight