Chapter 27

The next day had been almost as busy as the last, only this time, she had only had interviews in the morning. After lunch, Noriko had gone home and her and Ryu talked to Mai about starting to work on performance routines for the summer. That had ended up being a mix of boring talk and Noriko and Mai testing out a few dance moves and stuff. They had finished up with everything earlier than Ryu had thought and Noriko and Mai talked about the rumor about her identity that had been flying around. Mai had shown Noriko a post that she had actually found a little funny. It had been titled something like, 'Nora is definitely this girl. Tell me I'm wrong.' It had a ton of random crap that person had pulled that wasn't even close to true and the awful spelling and poor grammar had just added to it.

"You know, it's nice to see some people are actually going against this rumor," Noriko had said as she scrolled through the comments of the post. She was sure it was just because of how stupid the person had been in the post, but a lot of people were going off about the post and the whole rumor. "It's nice to know some people want me to only share things about me I feel comfortable sharing."

Noriko had ended up going to sleep earlier than the day before, which had been nice. When she woke up the next day she got ready for school and had been told to have a good day at school by Ryu, who was sitting in the living room watching tv. It was rare to see him not working, so it had been a pleasant surprise to see he was taking at least a short break from working all day for once.

On her way to school, she had been stopped a few times by people on the street and told how good she did in the sports festival and how she'll make a great hero. It had really lifted her mood, especially after she encountered a major Nora fan only five minutes after walking out of her house. The teenage boy who seemed to be only a year or two older than Noriko had questioned her about her quirk and relations to Nora. She had quickly been creeped out by the fanboy and had no problem telling him off after he repeatedly asked her if she was Nora. She could easily be mean to fans if she wanted to as Noriko. Her thought was that it would help them realize that the rumor was fake and that they were harassing a random hero course student.

"So many people talked to me on the way here!" Mina exclaimed as Noriko sat down at her desk.

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima said.

"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school kids yelled at me," Sero said.

"Nice try?" Tsuyu suggested, causing Sero to groan.

"I got stopped a ton of times on my way here too. It was really weird." Noriko said as she instantly thought of the Nora fanboy.

"Oh yeah, people must've been really interested in you because of the rumor that's been going around. Have you seen it?" Hagakure asked.

Noriko nodded, "Yeah, how could I not? My brother brought it up to me. And on the way here, I got stopped by this crazy Nora fanatic. He was really weird."

"Someone asked you about it?" Uraraka questioned, earning a nod from Noriko.

"I can't believe people are saying that you're Nora. It's crazy!" Mina exclaimed, waving her arms around. "Imagine if it was true. How crazy would it be if we were all in a class with a super famous singer."

"Well, I think if I was a famous singer, I would know," Noriko replied with a laugh that was a little too close to sounding forced. She wanted to play it all off as a joke. But talking about it made her uncomfortable. Though, she guessed that wasn't unbelievable. People would probably be uncomfortable if they were accused of being someone famous even if they weren't.

"Morning," Aizawa said suddenly, walking into the room and to the front of the classroom.

"Good morning Mr. Aizawa."