Chapter 14

A few days had passed and Noriko was back in school. She had enjoyed her days off more than she ever had before. She had gotten a lot done while still relaxing. Noriko had also gone to the arcade with her brother, which had turned out to be a lot more fun than either of them thought it would be.

"Hey, Hiromi," Uraraka greeted as Noriko sat down.

"Hey," she replied simply.

"Did you see the news?" Uraraka asked. When Noriko gave her a slightly questioning look, she added, "About the USJ incident."

Noriko muttered an "oh" before shaking her head, "Not really. My brother saw it before I came home. And then made me tell him everything that happened."

"He must've been worried," Uraraka said.

"Yeah," Noriko replied with a nod. "Both him and Ryu were."

Uraraka gave Noriko a confused look and opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Iida. "Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats."

"Uh, we're all sitting," Kirishima pointed out.

"Yeah, you're the only one standing," Sero added.

Iida had a frustrated look on his face as he sat down. "Dang it."

"Don't sweat it," Urarak told him.

"Hey, Tsu," Mina started, leaning back almost a little too far in her chair, "who did you think's gonna teach class teach class today?"

"No idea," Tsuyu replied. "Mr. Aizawa's still in the hospital recovering from his injuries."

As if on cue, the door slid open to reveal Aizawa standing there with bandages covering his face and his arms in casts, "Morning class."

"Mr. Aizawa, what are you doing here?" Everyone yelled.

"Woah! What a pro." Kaminari exclaimed.

Iida raised her hand, "Mr. Aizawa. I'm glad you're ok."

"You call that ok?" Uraraka questioned.

"Yeah," Noriko agreed. "Shouldn't you be in the hospital resting?"

"My well-being is irrelevant," Aizawa said. Noriko looked up at him with a concerned and confused look as he continued. "What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet."

Noriko tensed, What does that mean?

"The UA Sports Festival is about to start," Aizawa finished, the tension dissolving from the air. Noriko felt excitement suddenly fill her. The UA Sports Festival was a whole event at her house. Her and Shiro would get way too much junk food and set up the tv so they would be able to switch between the three different events that were going on for each year. Most of the time, they'd watch the third years, but they had also watched the other two and always made a point to record all three so they could rewatch parts they missed after the live event ended.

But this year, she wouldn't be doing that because she would actually be participating in the event.

The excitement that had temporarily filled her and her other classmates disappeared when some of her classmates voiced their concerns.

"Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival right after a villain attack?" Jiro questioned.

"They could attack once we're all in the same place," Ojiro added.

Noriko looked at Aizawa for his response. She had to agree with what Jiro and Ojiro said. No matter who excited she was for the event, after what had happened at the USJ, she had become a lot more nervous about everything. She didn't think she'd actually have problems just going places after the USJ event, but going anywhere outside her house made her a bit nervous. And the sports festival was a publicized event. Something like that could draw more attention to her than she wanted.