Chapter 36

"Get down!"

Gran Torino's yell interrupted Noriko's peaceful moment and thoughts of returning back to Aries's agency in the bed that was probably more comfortable than her one at home. She didn't even have time to process the flying Nomu that swooped down and grabbed Midoriya in her tired state.

Noriko stared with wide eyes as the Nomu started to fly away with Midoriya, the wind from the Nomu's wings blowing back her hair. She wanted to do something. Use her quirk to create something to take it down. But just the thought of using her quirk made her body feel cold and painful.

Then, the Nomu was suddenly falling from the air. Noriko watched it in shock, but then Stain ran past her and Todoroki, which made her watch him in shock.

"The world hero has lost all meaning in this society. The world is overrun by fakes and criminals like you who chase petty dreams." Stain said as he ran up to the grounded Nomu and stabbed it. "You must all be purged. Everything that I do is to create a stronger society."

Noriko tensed as she stared at Stain, who seemed to have just saved Midoriya. Though, the heroes were suggesting he was taking him hostage, which seemed to be a much more understandable conclusion.

"Why are you all standing around like fools?" Noriko lifted her head, Todoroki also looking at where Endeavor was now standing. "The villain must've flown this way."

"You took care of the rest?" One of the heroes asked.

"Mostly. Things got a little rough at the end." Endeavor answered. Then he looked down the road and saw Stain and the fallen Nomu. "Hold on. Don't tell me. Is that the Hero Killer?"

"You false hero," Stain growled, standing up. Noriko felt fear pulse through her and could feel the bloodlust radiating off of the Hero Killer. "I'll make this right." Stain stepped closer. Noriko's body began shaking and it felt like Stain's murderous aura was surrounding her, closing in on her, weighing her down. It was almost like she couldn't breathe. "These streets must run with the blood of hypocrites. Hero! I will reclaim that word! Come on! Try and stop me, you fakes!" Stain's crazed eyes stared ahead and Noriko felt herself holding on tighter to Todoroki. "There is only one man I'll let kill me. He is a true hero." Stain's murderous aura brought on a wave of terror. It made her want to run away despite being unable to move, both because she was injured and because she was frozen in fear. "All Might is worthy!"

Noriko was so glad to not be standing. She was sure she would've fallen over. Seconds passed of feeling like she couldn't breathe. Then it stopped. Just like that. It was over.

Stain was frozen in place still staring ahead. But he no longer had the terrifying, crazed look in his eyes. He didn't have any look in his eyes.

"I think... he's unconscious," Endeavor said.

Noriko was startled when Todoroki suddenly fell back to the ground, Iida having done the same. It slightly snapped her out of the daze, that everyone else was trapped in. But not enough for it to matter. Noriko still couldn't move. The aftershock of what happened kept her frozen in place. And after a few seconds, everything was just too much for her and she finally gave in and passed out.

* * *

When Noriko woke up, she found herself laying in a hospital bed in a room by herself. It took her a second to recall the events that had happened before she passed out and it made her wish she was still asleep. She started up at the hospital ceiling, thinking over the whole incident with Stain. Thinking over the whole night. Noriko was sure she'd need to take the next week to process everything that happened, maybe even longer. She didn't realize just how much could happen in one night - one hour if she really thought about it.