Chapter 15

At the end of the day, Noriko grabbed her things and went to leave. But when the door was opened, a crowd of students was blocking the classroom's exit.

"Um, why are you all here?" Uraraka questioned, standing in front of the door next to Noriko.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked.

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you take us hostage!" Mineta yelled.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack." Bakugo said, walking up to the student, making some of them back up a bit. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras."

"You can't just go around calling people extras just because you don't know their names," Iida scolded.

"Yeah," Noriko agreed, crossing her arms. "It's incredibly rude."

"So this is class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like idiots. Is everyone in the hero course delusional or is it just you?" A boy with purple hair said, pushing his way to the front of the crowd. "How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs."

"That's just Bakugo," Noriko commented, Iida, Uraraka, and Midoriya nodding behind her. But it was ignored as the boy continued.

"I wanted to be in the hero course. But like many others, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance." the boy continued, his last sentence really gaining Noriko's attention. "If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

Noriko tensed, a sense of dread washing over her, They can really do that?

"Scouting out the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to tell you that, if you don't bring your best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war." The boy finished.

"Damn. That's intense." Noriko muttered. She knew the sports festival was a big deal, but she didn't think people would be declaring war over it.

"Hey you!" Another boy yelled. "I'm from class 1-B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true. But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us! Talk all you want! It'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'd."

Bakugo started to walk through the crowd, causing the class B boy to yell, "Don't you ignore me!"

"Dude, where are you going?" Kirishima questioned, making Bakugo stop walking. "You gotta say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us, Bakugo."

Bakugo glanced back at them, "These people don't matter. The only thing that's important is that I beat them."

Noriko stared in disbelief as Bakugo disappeared past the crowd. He was just as crazy as the war declaration boy.

Noriko's phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket and she pulled it out to see Ryu had texted her. That's when she remembered that she actually had something to do.

"Excuse me, but I need to get going too," Noriko announced, walking up to the crowd. They all stared at her as she navigated her way through the crowd.

"What? You think you're better than us too?" The boy yelled.

"No, I just have somewhere to be," Noriko replied, stopping to look at him. The boy didn't respond and Noriko got out of the crowd before making her way to the principal's office.