Chapter 7

At the end of the day, the class went over the results of the training before it was time for everyone to leave. While Noriko was grabbing her things, the door slid open to reveal Midoriya with his arm in a cast.

Everyone greeted him and Noriko would've stopped to chat with him, but she was running on a tight schedule and needed to get home. She was already close to running late and Ryu was usually pretty strict about her making things on time. Noriko slung her bag over her shoulder and said bye to the few people who noticed her leaving before walking out the door. She had promised Ryu that she'd start recording some songs for the new album so they could start.

When Noriko got home, she was greeted by Ryu, who was waiting for her near the door.

"Sorry I'm a little late," Noriko said, slipping off her shoes and closing the door behind her. "We were going over stuff from this training thing we did."

Ryu sighed, "Yeah, it's fine. Stuff like this is gonna happen. Just make sure you don't run late for anything that's more important."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Noriko replied.

She started to walk away from the front door when Ryu said, "Oh, and another thing, which is the reason I was waiting for you. There's a rough plan in place for you to star in two different songs with two different artists."

"Oh cool," Noriko said.

"Yeah, so once you change out of your uniform, come to my office and we'll talk about things," Ryu said, earning a nod from Noriko.

Noriko made her way through the house and into her room. She quickly changed out of her school uniform and into leggings and a plain blue t-shirt. She threw her jacket on and grabbed her phone from where she had temporarily set it on her bed before walking out of her room and over to Ryu's office.

Noriko talked to Ryu for about an hour. They figured out what her next action as Nora should be. They went over her next album and her possible collab with other singers. After, Noriko ran through a few of the songs of her new album to test the lyrics and get started with the production process. By the time they were done, it had been three hours since Noriko got home and she still hasn't started her homework.

There was knocking at Noriko's door and she looked up from her desk to see Mai, Noriko's dance instructor and one of her closest friends, standing at the door. "Hey, mind if I come in?"

"No, I was just finishing up," Noriko said.

Mai stepped into the room and sat down on Noriko's bed. "So, how's hero school treating you?"

Noriko shrugged, "It's been two very eventful days so far."

"I'm sure it has been," Mai said, "So, what's happened?"

"Well yesterday we had a surprise test," Noriko answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was a quirk assessment test," Noriko explained. "So that was something. And then today we had this combat training exercise that was taught by All Might."

"All Might?" Mai questioned. "All Might's your teacher?"

Noriko hummed, "Yup. It's pretty cool."

"Yeah," Mai muttered, then her tone shifted a bit, "So, is there anyone who's interesting to you?"

"What?"

"Well, I know you've only been there for two days, but there has to be at least someone who's caught your eye," Mai explained with a smirk. "When I switched schools for high school there was this hot boy in my class who was the sweetest boy I ever meet. Though, it didn't end up working out."

Noriko felt her cheeks warm up, "No! Mai, come on! I've been there for two days. And it's not like I have time for that anyway."

"Oh come on, there's always time for some romance," Mai argued, earning an annoyed look from Noriko. "Even famous pop singers need someone to have some fun with."

"Ok, I can have fun with friends. I don't need a boyfriend." Noriko said. "And besides, I haven't really gotten to know everyone yet."

"So there's no one that peak your interest?" Mai asked, earning a head shake from Noriko. "Really?"

"No, there's no one," Noriko answered, shaking her head some more.

Mai sighed and mumbled something under her breath that Noriko couldn't hear before saying, "Well, I better be the first person who hears about your crush when you eventually get one."

"How do you know I'll have a crush on anyone in my class?" Noriko questioned as Mai stood up.

Mai let out a small laugh, "Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow probably. I've gotta head home now though. Unlike you, I have a date in an hour."

"Have fun," Noriko said with an eye roll.

Mai waved before walking out of the door and closing it behind her. Noriko let out a long sigh before she closed her school notebook and opened her song notebook. Then she grabbed her headphones, which were hanging on their little stand, and connected them to her phone before listening to a playlist her and Ryu made to help her get inspiration for her new album.

Noriko wrote all her songs herself. The only help she got was from Ryu and a handful of producers and musicians. And all that was really for was the instrumental bit of songs. She was always able to come up with lyrics that fit the album the song was in.

Nora was best known for her positive songs. And, while she has others, she had a lot of them. Noriko's goal when becoming a singer was to try to inspire people to go after their dreams and just be a positive influence on people. It was the main reason villains were now after her. Since blowing up a year ago, Nora became known for being a positive role model that was comparable to the symbol of peace himself. Of course, the people who claimed this were exaggerating a bit, but Noriko had often gotten a lot of thank you letters and emails from people telling her how her music helped them through a tough time in their lives.

And that was what Noriko lived for. Not the fame or money, but the knowledge that she created something that helped people get through their struggles.