EPILOGUE

TWO WEEKS LATER...

Brooke took a deep breathe, stood up and walked in front of her mourning friends, "I've known Kai for five years, he was the first boy I've ever loved.. I- what I'm trying to say is that he meant a lot to me. I loved him, even his temper and arrogance, I loved him. Rest in peace kai, I'll do my best to make you proud as I step into your very big shoes of looking out for this team... we all miss you so much.." She placed a hand delicately over his coffin, a few tears escaping.

Jordan's head rested firmly on Octavia's shoulder as she stroked his blonde hair. Her other hand was intertwined with Cassie, stopping the strawberry blonde's mind wandering over to Charlie.

Liam linked his arm through Ayanna's signalling that it was time to leave. Alec got up from his seat and put his hands around Brooke's arms, guiding her away.

Emily sat beside her sister, tears in her eyes with her hand resting comfortably on her stomach.

"We're going home now, you coming?" Emily asked Katerina who shook her head, Emily sighed but joined the others anyway until they were all gone.

Katerina had been watching the boy a good distance away. He was in a black suit, the classic funeral attire that everyone else wore and on his nose, a pair of black sunglasses sat.

He turned to leave but she wasn't in the mood to let him go without a fight, "Where are you going?" She asked, appearing behind him.

Cole reluctantly turned around, discarding his sunglasses from his face and dropping them on the floor, "I knew it was risky coming here.. I shouldn't of.. but I needed to say goodbye to him"

"Come home" she pleaded, reaching for him but he flinched backwards, letting her arms fall to her side

"I can't.. I won't be myself much longer"

A sob broke out from her, "what are they doing to you?"

He shook his head, pushing it aside, water filling up in his eyes, "I-I just wanted to.." he choked, trying to find his words, "I just wanted to say that.. that I love you, Katerina, I really love you"

"I love you too"

Suddenly, Cole felt Katerina put her hands on his face, and she pulled him in for a ravenous kiss. He closed his eyes and felt the desperation and urgency with which she kissed him, giving back equal pressure and passion.

She broke the kiss and hugged him tight in fear that if she let go, he'd disappear. Her cheek rested against his chest as he twirled his fingers through her dark hair.

"I need you, we need you, please don't leave.. I need you"

"You don't need me, Kat. You're so much stronger than me and I know you can stop Charlie.. I know you can stop me"

He gently pushed her off him, his sad eyes meeting her own, "tell Emily.. tell her that I love my nephew or niece"

Before Kai had died, Emily told him that she was pregnant. They weren't too sure what to do but since Kai's passing, Emily wants to keep one last piece of Kai.

Katerina nodded in a whimper before he turned to leave but her voice made him freeze, "I won't stop 'till I get you back and Charlie and Orion are rotting in hell where they belong"

"I'll be waiting" Cole smiled from over his shoulder.

And then he was gone.

And she was alone.

***************************

OMG I've finished twelve! I actually can't believe it! I mean, technically the story isn't over but still! Which reminds me..

'THIRTEEN' WILL BE OUT SOON, THIS IS THE 'TWELVE' SEQUEL!

I'll make an announcement when it's up on this story so you don't miss it! Trust me, things are gonna get crazier, darker and weirder!

Here is a quick summary:

"The zodiacs cope with loss and heartbreak as two of their own are out causing havoc. Can they put a stop to their transgression? And will heaven and hell finally face off?"

I can't wait! I'm so thankful to everyone who has read, voted and commented, it means so much to me! I really hope you enjoyed this book! I love you all!

Charlotte xx