Fate-Bound Rivals - Chapter 2 : Welcome to Mondstadt

By the time the Servants reached the castle, it was nearly dusk.

As the two servants slowed down and began to walk towards the city entrance, they were halted by a pair of guards.

"Halt travelers! State your name and purpose", called out one of the guards.

"Well uh..yo. You might not believe us, but we're not from this pl-", Cú tried to say before Emiya cut him off with hand.

Are you a fool? They might label us as hostiles! hissed Emiya as he projected his voice to Cú.

The guard raised his eyebrow.

"Did you say 'not from this place'?"

The guard paused for a second.

"Maybe you're from the same place as the Traveler."

Emiya raised his eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. Who is-"

"Swan, go get the grand master."

"But Lawrence, the Favonius Handbook says-"

"Now's not the time, Swan. Remember when the Traveler came? Go get the grand master. And tell her we have two more otherworldly travelers."

The guard, whose name was probably Swan, sighed before turning and running into the city.

"Anyway, I will have to trouble you two to wait here as the-"

"Well well, who do we have here hmm~?"

A new person appeared, clad in blue clothing with a fur pelt over his right shoulder.

"Ah! Captain Kaeya sir!", the guard named Lawrence said.

"Seems like more otherworldy travelers mm? And here I thought Lumine would be the only one other than that mysterious sibling."

Cú frowned.

"And you are?...."

"Oh, whoops, my bad. I'm Kaeya, a Captain of the Knights of Favonius. I take it that you two aren't from around here?"

Emiya glared at Cú again while Cú shrugged before answering.

"Yeah. We aren't. Call me Lancer and this grouchy man over here is Archer. Guess you could call us acquaintances, but that's as far as our relationship goes."

Emiya then proceeded to ask, "Captain Kaeya, would you mind telling us where we are at the moment?"

Kaeya smirked. "Well, to answer your question, you are at the gates of Monstadt, the city of freedom. And your names are Archer and Lancer? How strange."

Monstadt huh. Literally 'Moon City', Emiya thought.

"Well, while we wait for Ms.Jean to arrive, why don't I take you two on a tour? Sightseeing per say."

Cú nodded, "Sure."

As the trio walked around the city, Emiya and Cú noticed something.

"Hey Captain Kaeya, it doesn't seem like your citizens think our clothing is weird."

"Or that fact that you are obviously carrying a large red spear. No worries, although if you could put away the spear that would be nice. The people hear have seen their share of strange clothing from numerous nations," Kaeya replied.

"Anyway, as I said earlier, this is Monstadt the city, located in Monstadt the region although if you just mention Monstadt to anyone, they would probably automatically assume the city. Over there is the Market District and there is...."