Fate-Bound Rivals - Chapter 7 : Match, Part 2

The sound of sizzling meat coupled with talkative voices filled the air of Liyue's plaza.

"Hey, that smells really good!"

"I know right? My neighbor said he ate some and it was heavenly!"

"Man, this meat is perfect! I've never had such a delicious meal before! This must be what the adepti eat!"

"Hmm. While not what the adepti feast, this is truly worthy of recognition. I may dislike seafood, but this dish tastes nothing like it."

And the center of it all was the Wanmin Restaurant.

"Hey Chef Mao! Another dish of this please!"

"Oh, the exclusive Soft Omurice? Of course!"

"Chef Mao! It seems you're busier than ever tonight."

"Ah, Lady Ningguang. What a surprise to see you here. Say, would you like to order something?"

"Oh, nothing in particular. I simply came to see what all the bustle was about. While Wanmin does get its fair share of customers, tonight's amount was quite shocking."

"Indeed Lady Ningguang. Although it is all thanks to our new, temporary chef here."

"Oh? And who may he be?"

"Someone the Traveler, Lumine, dropped off earlier today. He has been in the kitchen ever since. I tried asking him to take a break, but he refused. He's more stubborn than Xiangling!"

"Hmm. What an interesting fellow. A chef that Lumine knows who refuses to leave the kitchen. May I talk to him?"

"Of course. You know where to find him."

"Mm."

Walking gracefully into the small kitchen area, Ningguang finally got a clear view of this new chef. Wearing a black apron and matching gray clothes, the chef stood a good head above her. Looking up at the chef who was facing towards the stove, Ningguang noted white hair, dark skin, and muscular limbs.

He isn't from here, she thought, before the chef spoke, cutting into her musings.

"Hello. If you are here to order food, please go to Chef Mao as he is taking orders. I'm simply a chef here."

"Hoho. Simply a chef you say, yet Chef Mao cites you as the reason for the sudden increase in customers."

"...I'm flattered."

"While good chefs who are impartial are hard to find, finding a foreigner in Liyue's signiture restaurant is a little shocking. If it wasn't for the increase in customers, I'd have asked Chef Mao to kick you out."

The chef seemed to pause for a moment, before setting down whatever cooking tools he had. Turning around, the chef faced Ningguang, a guarded look on his face.

"And you are?"

"I am Ningguang, the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing. I own the Jade Chamber you see floating in the sky above Liyue harbor. I also happen to finance this restaurant."

"Lady Ningguang hmm? A pleasure to meet you. I am Archer, a traveler from elswhere, similar to the Traveler Lumine."

"So I have heard. Well, do disregard my earlier statement. I was merely testing the waters. Say, may I order a dish?"

"Of course. Take your pick."

"What exclusive specialties are you serving?"

"Omurice and Tempura, two dishes from a country named Japan in my world. Hamburger, a dish from America. A couple different types of stew from numerous places around the world. And, anything that either Chef Mao, Lumine, or you have the recipe of."