ARC 2 - Prologue : Thickening Hail

"So, your plan to escape is through underground?"

"Precisely. Our adversary has yet to occupy the underground hanger. There, we will find a shipping container in which we can take shelter. As it happens, I've rescued four other staff members along the way and have instructed them to head there as well."

"But Mr.Holmes, these hallways are filled with enemies and Goredolf's soldiers. How are we supposed to make it there?"

"I will act as your guide and take us down the pathway filled with the least enemies."

"In other words, the places with the least excitement."

"...Yes, I suppose that is true."

"Hey, hey! Why do you sound so bored anyway? Do you want to die?"

"Hmm~. I won't die if I kill them first."

"You-", Meuniere gave the man an exasperated look before sighing and saying, "Holmes, out of all the types of people you could have chosen to summon, you summoned a battle-hungry warrior."

"That is correct."

"May I ask why?"

"Because I'm sure Gudako has other plans at the moment."

"Gudako? You better not be thinking of going to the Command Room! Holmes JUST told us earlier that the enemies' attention appears to be directed towards the Command Room."

"..."

"Oh, COME ON."

"Senpai, you have the same idea right? This is our best chance, but..."

"We can't leave Da Vinci behind."

"Fou, fou."

Holmes nodded before motioning towards the two newcomers in the room, both of them being summons from another world.

"In that case, a word of advice. Take the one who hungers for battle with you. The other one can protect us as we travel towards the hanger. After all, my baritsu is unable to protect anyone other than myself and is used solely for the purpose of self-defense. Are you two in agreement."

The blonde girl dressed in all purple nodded, her single eye fixing itself upon Holmes' face.

"This arrangement does not displease me. Beings who travel this other world, I, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, grant you the permission to traverse this land by my side. And I will uphold my portion of this agreement."

The violet bird next to her then spoke.

"She means "Yes this plan is alright and yes I will protect you.""

"Good then."

"Curious. Why does the one who peers through veils not ask for our titles and our ranks?"

"If it pleases you Your Highness, you may tell us your name as we travel to the hanger. We don't have time otherwise."

"Heh, he basically just told you that your introduction is too long so shorten it."

The girl whirled around, facing the orange-haired man who only smirked back at her.

"Silence! You wretched fool who knows not of-"

"Sorry girlie, but like the guy said, we don't have time for that. Anyway, the plan's fine with me. As long as I can get some fighting done."

"Very well then. A word of advice, Gudako. Go around to the Command Room by way of the L2 stairs. That will send you in the opposite direction of those black-garbed soldiers. I expect you will find Ms. Da Vinci inside her workshop, but you will need to make your way through the Command Room regardless. Once you have met up with her, come straight to the hangar. "