ARC 2 - Prologue : Soft Drizzle

Bang!

The sound of gunfire could be heard outside followed by the screech of blades and a thump. Probably a body falling. Everyone in the room flinched with Mash grabbing Gudako's arm and squeezing it tightly.

"That was... that was the sound of guns, Senpai!"

Meuniere panicked, his limbs scrambling across the floor as he tried to back away from the door.

"Hey, we're still locked in!! Didn't you say we were going to be set free? What's happening!? Hey! What's with the gunfire outside!?"

From outside, the sound of a guard's voice could be heard.

"Shut up, just keep quiet! I've got no time for this right now!"

Followed by the sound of a radio beep and the scratching sound of the connection.

"This is Clover 3, request for assistance acknowledged! Although under different jurisdictions, I'll rendezvous with the Spade Squad! Hang on until I get there! If Chaldea's staff get in the way it's fine to dispose of them first!"

The guard then stormed off, his boats clacking against the hard metal floor as he left.

"Wh.... did he just leave us locked in here like that!? Gudako, what should we do!? And what the heck is that? What's that gonna help with anyway!?"

"I don't know..., but Da Vinci and-I mean, Da Vinci said to keep it close just in case. I'll keep it closed for now. Let's try to find a way out."

"Senpai, you've been looking at the ventilation duct for some time now... do you plan to escape through there? Sorry to say it, but that ventilation duct is very narrow... only Fou-kun would be able to pass..."

"Fou. Fou, fouu..."

"Then we'll have to try another wa-"

*BANG*

This time, instead of gunshot sounds, it was the sound of something hitting the door. Hard

"! Someone's trying to get in! Senpai, get behind me!"

*BANG*
As the banging continued, the door began to dent. Gudako could make out the markings of a fist. Which meant someone was punching the door hard enough to bend cast iron.

Mash whispered, her voice shaky as she tried to keep her brave face

"Senpai! Ican sense multiple presences in the corridor...But, the density of this magical energy... it's as if—

"...Yeah, Roman soldiers, maybe?", Gudako joked, her hand laying itself calmly on Mash's back.

"...That'd be great if it were the case. But, thank you very much, Senpai.

You've relaxed the mood. Thanks to that, I'm also able to take a deep breath."

The banging continues, with each hit getting louder and louder, the dents becoming more and more noticeable.

Mash grimaced, her hand raised protectively in front of Gudako and Meuniere/

"Ugh... the two of you, please get down...! Senpai... please give me permission to arm myself! I'll be counting on you for backup...! If it's with the power of the command spell, then doing it just one more time is...!"

"---You can't. Your body is—"

*BANG*

"We don't have the time...! I'll be fine, I've been training for this all this while! Da Vinci-chan also said that it'd be fine if it was just for battle! So, please...! I've only been able to be a navigator ever since the Final Singularity, so that is exactly why I want to fight, right here! If I don't, everyone will be killed! Our Chaldea will be destroyed! I can't stand it when such thoughts cross my mind! Please--- Master Gudako!"