Sisters' Adventure - Chapter 3(Barbara) : Picnic

"Here we are."

Having followed Scáthach, Barbara found herself standing in the opening towards a grassy field.

"This is one of the hologram rooms. Jack, Nursery, S Jalter, and the rest tend to hang out here a lot so this room is almost always set to a grassy field with a couple trees."

"Ah okay."

Turning towards the group of trees, Scáthach called out, "Jack! Nursery! Bunyan! I've brought a new friend!"

Barbara watched as a couple small figures dashed towards them, clearly much smaller than the Servants from before. The first figure to reach them was a little white-haired girl with prominent scars carrying large, dark daggers.

"Mommy's friend! And a new friend too! You look pretty!"

"Oh, thank y-"'

"Can we disembowel you?"

"Wha-?"

"Ah sorry about that. Please don't take it too seriously, miss friend!"

Pulling up next was another young girl dressed in a black dress and pink bows. She carried what seemed to be a story book, but it was half her size.

"Jack's always like that. It just means she likes you! Oh, I'm Nursery Rhyme, but you can just call me Nursery! Caster class."

"And I'm Jack! The killer! Assassin class."

"Don't worry, there will be no killing within Chaldea."(Scáthach)

"Ah....okay, um I'm Barbara, an idol in Teyvat. I'm also a deaconess from Mondstadt, the City of Freedom."

"Religious, I see. What god do you serve?"

"Lord Barbatos, the Anemo Archon."

"Hmm. Well, try not to bring up too much about divine beings. Here at Chaldea, many are or associated with divine existences like gods and demigods. In fact, I myself am an entity that is no longer human."

"Ah...."

"No worries! We won't shame you or anything. After all, Miss Martha is a devotee!"

"Alright, thank you Nursery."

"C'mon, c'mon Barbara! Let's take you to meet Bunyan and Lily! Then we can disembowel you!"

"Let's go!"

"Huh??!"

"It's alright, miss Barbara. They won't hurt you. If anything, they'll probably invite you to their next picnic. Well, I'm off now. Sorry, but I simply prefer the training room."

"Understood, miss Scáthach. Thank you!"

Nodding, Scáthach walked away, leaving the room and heading towards the training area while Barbara was led by Jack and Nursery towards the grove of trees.

"Oh a new friend! Nice to meet you! I am Jeanne D'Arc Alter Santa Lily, but that is quite a mouthful so you can call me Lily when we're here. Elsewhere, simply call me Jalter lily or S Jalter, whatever works. Lancer-class."

Barbara greeted the pale-colored Servant who had an aura of happiness and snow.

"Hello!"

With a "whoa!", Barbara nearly fell over from shock as a massive head appeared out of thin air followed by an equally massive body and axe.

"I'm Paul Bunyan! Just call me Bunyan. Berserker class! Oh, and I love apples."

Barbara greeted her as well, voice slightly shaky from the massive size. And, as if to make it worse, an equally massive figure appeared next to Bunyan. Only this one had horns, was wrapped in bandages, and had prominent purple hair.

"And I'm Kingprotea, Bunyan's friend. Alter-ego class, please treat me well!"

"Ah, nice to meet you as well. I am Barbara! I...don't know which class I am?"

"Oh, that's easy! Just imagine a character screen and it'll show up! See?"

Bunyan then squinted her eyes for an instant and a massive light blue screen appeared before her.

"Uh-huh. Your class will be on the upper left-hand corner!", added Lily, pointing at the huge symbol on Bunyan's screen.

Closing her eyes, Barbara willed a character screen similar to what Lumine had shown her and Jean before.

Ding!

"Oh! Caster class! That's really interesting! But...nothing else makes sense."

"Ah. So that symbol is Caster. I'll make sure to remember. These other tabs say weapons and artifacts, constellations, and talents. From what miss Traveler had told me, talents are similar to your skills and burst, weapons and artifacts as...craft essence? And constellations as burst levels."

"Well, our bursts are called noble phantasms! And ok! That makes sense! What's your NP?"

"Jack! You don't just ask a new Servant their NP!"

"But..."

"I agree, NPs are tied to their deeds. It should define them in a way...er that's what Big Sister said."

"Haha. Well, my NP as you guys call it is just a couple question marks. Oh! And my skills seem to be....capable of being chosen. I can choose my skills!"

"Well, well. Seems you guys choose skills while we choose bursts."

Caught off-guard by the new voice, Barbara turned around to see a familiar face.

"Oh, Mr. Emiya!"

"Hello Barbara, hi Jack, Nursery, Lily, Bunyan, and KP."

"Hi Emiya! What're you doing here? Did you bring a large steak?"

"Or yummy vegtables?"

"Of course."

"Hey, mister! Did you make a picnic basket we can disembowel?"

"Yeah, yeah! Your baskets are always the best."

"What is in it this time?"

"Haha, alright calm down. I've brought a large basket here for a picnic and some steak and vegetables for Bunyan and Protea. But this time, all of the kitchen staff worked on the meal so hopefully you enjoy it."

"Hooray!"

After Emiya had set down all the things he brought, everyone else rushed towards the items and quickly made a small circle around them.

"Oh! And Barbara! Welcome to our picnic! Hopefully you enjoy it! We're gonna have lots of fun and taste lots of amazing food!"(Nursery)

"I'd love to participate, thank you all!"

With that, Barbara joined them in the circle and everyone began to eat. Soon, happy laughter could be heard and voices eagerly asking questions and giving stories.

Silently, Emiya had slipped out, making his way back to the kitchen and the tired chefs, bringing good news of the Servants enjoying the meal.

"Ah, miss Barbara! You said you were an idol right?"

"Please, just call me Barbara. And yes, that is right Lily."

"Then sing us a song!"

"Haha, sure! I'd love to!"

"Here you go! A microphone!"

"Thank you Nursery."

With that, the happy group of Servants listened to Barbara's angelic vocals and amazing performance.

But of course, how could a performance go on without the Servants who love it the most?

"Hey rival, I have the feeling a new boss has appeared!"

"Me too, let's check it out."

"Make sure not to get lost, Nero!"

"Right back at you, Elizabeth!"