AWVW : CC : The Fighter

After a long wait, the semi-finals finally arrive.

“We're finally here, folks! The real show is about to begin!” Beidou bellowed out, a wide smile on her face as she slammed her greatsword into the ground, the vibrations riveting across the arena.

Kazuha, who stood next to Lumine as they both waited for the match, smiled.
“Hehe... the captain seems to have high hopes for this tournament. I have not seen her so excited in quite some time.”

He turned towards her, eyes growing serious as he began to talk about Lumine’s opponent.

“Your opponent has fought many rounds to get to the semi-finals. This makes him a seasoned warrior. You may well be stronger than him, but this should not give you cause to lower your guard.”

“I won’t.”

Kazuha nodded. “Very well. Show me that you are ready to push through the storm that lies ahead.”

Beidou, who had hopped off the stage and made her way to the two, tapped her foot impatiently.

“Alright, that's enough chit-chat for now. The audience is waiting. Go find the crew member that signed you up, she'll take you into the arena.”

Lumine and Paimon easily found Zhuhan who was waiting for them by the ring.

“Your opponent in the semi-finals is new to The Crux Clash, but he has quickly become one of the two dark horses of the tournament. I do not doubt your abilities, but I would suggest that you make sure you are fully prepared before you begin.”

Paimon chuckled before donning a smug look.
“Relax! My gal's at the top of her game, she ain't gonna lose!”

“I’m ready.”

“Alright, then please enter the ring.”

Lumine found herself facing a heavily built guy by the name of Rongshi. He bowed slightly, hands in a common customary greeting before speaking.

“I don't care about the prize...You're a strong opponent. That's what I'm here for.”

“Alright, then I won’t hold back.”

“By all means.”

As soon as the horn is blown, both competitors rushed at each other. Lumine dodged a punch to her face, but found another coming up from below. Blocking it with an arm, she threw her own punch. Ronshi dodged as well, but Lumine let her momentum carry her into a full spin that ended in a downward kick. He blocks that too with both arms.

“Hrragh!”
In a burst of energy, Ronshi pushed Lumine’s leg straight up, throwing Lumine off balance temporarily. He then threw a straight that meets Lumine’s crossed arms. She skids a little ways before bending and taking a step forward. In a flurry of motion, she lands three punches that are all blocked by Rongshi’s large arms

“Haah!”

When Lumine raised her leg, Rongshi prepares himself for a hard kick to the side only for Lumine to land two light kicks(one each leg) before crossing both legs around his neck. In a burst of effort, she threw him over, smashing Rongshi’s upper body into the ring’s floor.

Rongshi manages to get up in time to dodge another kick and rushes in, tackling Lumine’s lower body. Despite his large sizes, he proves his agility by twisting himself to dodge some of Lumine’s raining blows and slams her into the ground.

But before he could even get a proper punch into Lumine’s stomach, she kicks his chin hard before leaping up and slamming her heel into his back, knocking him flat against the arena floor. Without letting him get up this time, Lumine hops onto his back and twists Rongshi’s arm painfully behind his back while using her weight to keep him grounded.