ARC 2 - Prologue : Heavy Rain

The two heaved, bows hanging uselessly from their hand. All of their energy was now spent; Childe having fired off two Noble Phantasms, and Fischl having maintained an Absolute Authority.

But it wasn't enough.

Standing before the two were the three enemy Servants and countless masked soldiers. Yet neither side dared to move. Koyanskaya glanced over at the Priest and then at the Tsarina. For some reason, the Tsarina had ordered a temporary cease-fire with no explanation given. The Priest, who kept his face neutral, also found it bewildering although he had an inkling of a reason why.

Childe grimaced. It was clear that the Tsarina was analyzing both of them. He still couldn't believe that after everything he had thrown, she made it out with only a couple scratches. At the very least, her icy shield had been broken and, if Childe's gut feelings were correct, wouldn't reform any time soon.

Beside him, Fischl was already about to collapse on the floor. Oz had long since disappeared after the effects of her Noble Phantasm wore off. The only reason why she hadn't disappeared too was due to sheer willpower.

"Ahem."

Everyone's attention turned towards the Tsarina who had suddenly cleared her throat. She eyed the two Servants in front of her, her face as cold as snow.

"You are not from this world."

It wasn't a question, but rather a fact she had arrived at after searching through all the knowledge she had of Proper Human History.

"Heh...you're not wrong."

"Then why do you chose to help them?"

"I-"

"Insolence."

The sudden harsh tone that came from Fischl shocked both Childe and the Tsarina.

"You! How dare you talk to the Grand Duchess-!"

"Stand down, envoy. Girl with the eyepatch and strange powers. State your meaning."

"Hmph. The Prinzessin has no need to answer floundering souls, but at the current mark where the sun crosses the sky, I find your floundering quite insolent. Thus, I shall grace thy insignificant beings with my purpose. Despite my grandious self, I will not speak for my knight here."

"Huh!? Did you just call me your knight little girlie?"

"That is not of importance. Oh, Grand Duchess from the unwoven twine of clocks and bells that should have burned away the moment your very self frayed into endless lines of blurred reality, your realm of cold bleakness, devoid of the rudimentary source of stars has no anchor point in this realm of tranquility."

"...So you already know of my origin. And that is your decision.

"Correct."

"....Uh, so to sum it up, your saying the little missy over there is not from 'here' and the place she comes from doesn't exist?"

"Oh, so the battle beast understands?"

"Hey! You-"

"Kill her."

The single command sliced through the argument between Fischl and Childe. The two had just enough time to turn their heads back to the Tsarina before the Oprichnik suddenly rushed forward, blades already drawn.

"Woah, woah, as if I'd let you take out my partner here like that!"

The two began to hold of the Oprichnik, both firing arrows from their bows as fast as they could. 

Watching the onslaught, the Priest turned back to the Tsarina, about to ask if he could act, but was cut off by the raise of her hand. 

"Warrior in the red scarf."