Fate-Bound Rivals - Chapter 8 : Going Home

On the morning of the following day, the four reached Mondstadt. They had taken a pit stop at Dawn Winery, much to Diluc's dissatisfaction. Once the sun peeked over the horizon, Diluc chased them out, nodding a farewell to the pair after learning that they were leaving that afternoon.

"And I guess we're back at Mondstadt huh? It's only been a couple of days since we left, but man, I'm already getting the feeling that I'll miss everything here."

"Nostalgia huh. You've been drinking too much again. How many times have we left the current world behind?"

"Hey, hey. This is a completely seperate world! Don't ya feel anything?"

"...."

"Fine, don't answer then."

"Paimon's gonna miss you two! Especially the good food!"

"Heh. Don't worry, we won't forget you or Lumine."

"Yeah, it was fun traveling and beating up random bosses. Say, why don't we ask Da Vinci to somehow make it possible to travel to and fro here?"

"Cú. Unlike singularities, this is a different world. As brilliant as our staff are, it is likely impossible to keep a path open between two seperate worlds."

"Well, whatever happens, just know that you two are always welcome in Teyvat if you somehow ever come back."(Lumine)

"Of course!"(Paimon)

"Hey Lumine! Archer! Lancer!"

Running towards the four, the outrider waved a hand and asked.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, hello Amber. These two are leaving for their own world this afternoon."

"We thought we would at least stop by Mondstadt, the first place we came to, before we left."

"Ah, you guys are leaving? But I feel like I just met you all!"

Smiling, Emiya patted Amber's head.

"Hey! What're you doing?"

"Ah, sorry. Consider it habit."

"Habit? Oh now I see. So that's why she always floats out of the cafeteria blushing hard."

"..."

Chuckling, Cú turned towards Amber.

"Forgive this old man. He's had one too many cute girls around him."

"W-what?"

"Lancer!"

"What? Aren't I telling the truth!"

"It's not like I wanted that to happen!"

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

"W-well, um anyway! I'll go get Jean and Kaeya. S-see you!"

With that, Amber turned and dashed away, head down and ears extremely red.

"What the heck was that you two?"

Cú, who couldn't hold back, burst out laughing while patting Emiya in the back.

"Consider it skill! And don't think too much about it."

"Hmm. Paimon gets the feeling there's a deeper meaning about it, but eh! Paimon will leave it be!"

"....You seriously forgive anyone with food huh?"

"Hmph! Paimon didn't say that! How did you know??!"

"Hey, Traveler. Oh, and the two other travelers. What's up?"