ARC 2 - Prologue : Blazing Tempest pt.1

Breathing hard, the team rounded the corner and ran straight into the hanger. 

"Hah....hah....We finally made it back...! Everyone's still okay...!"

Goredolf, who was lagging behind everyone else by a little, slowed down a little to look at the large metallic box. He reached up with a gloved hand to wipe off a layer of sweat.

"So this is the hangar. It's a lot bigger than it looked in the file!"

"Just shut it and don't slow down coglione! We have to make it into the container! I can feel the cold breathing down our necks!"

"Fou, fooou!"

Meuniere poked his head out the door again, having heard the voices and the echoing sound of steps.

"Heyyy! Over here! Quicklyyy! The ice is right behind you! Look!"

"Don't look! Focus on making it in!"

"But Da Vinci! Master! The enemy Servant's closing in! I'll go fight her off!"

Childe suddenly whirled around, his hands raised in front of him in preparation to fight. Glaring at the little cracks of ice slowly making their way into the hanger, his eyes narrowed.

"No need, little miss. I'll handle her! You guys just focus on making it in!"

"Childe! There's no need for that! They'll never catch up to us at this pace! One more step and victory is ours! I'll bring up the rear. The rest of you–"

Fischl's head suddenly jerked around, her single eye sharply glancing around the room before landing on Da Vinci's slightly confused face.

"Envoy of the weltanschauung! Look naught to what appears before you!"

"Huh- Wha-?"

In an instant, Fischl had drawn her bow and fired an arrow that flew over Da Vinci's shoulder and embedded itself into the metallic wall behind it, slicing a small mark on the face of Da Vinci's assailant. Said assailant flipped backwards, landing gracefully on his feet a couple feet away, his face already fixed into a strange smile.

"Hmm. How intriguing. I was certain that none of you would notice me in time. It seems that the new, strangely clothed young lady has quite the keen perception."

"...the Priest!"

"Although, I do apologize. It is an old habit of mine. You left your heart open, and that seemed the fastest way to end you. But, unexpectedly, the new Servant noticed me before I could reach you."

Fischl, having kept her eye on the man the whole time, raised one gloved hand to point at the Priest.

"...What in the name of the Immernachtreich are you?"

"...Interesting question, little lady. But I do believe now is not the best time to answer that."

As if on cue, Childe suddenly appeared behind the Priest, a blue, hydro blade already formed in his hand as he swung down. The blade sliced through the air silently in the place the Father was just moments ago.

"Tch, you move fast don't you?"

"The same could be said for you."

"Haha. Thanks for the compliment. And Priest? Your moves are nothing like those peaceful folks who stay in the church preaching about their god. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but you, Mr.Priest, you're an assassin of some sort aren't ya?"

"Spot on, Childe", Da Vinci spat out, "this guy's an Executor of the Church, trained to kill anything that doesn't exactly fall in line with their God's teachings."