Fate-Bound Rivals - Chapter 4 : It's Called Speedrunning...(pt.1)

"Morning, Archer and Lancer."

"Good morning, Lumine."

"Mornin'."

"Hi travelers! I'm Paimon, Lumine's guide while she travels around Teyvat!"

"And my emergency food", Lumine muttered, earning a glare and two chuckles.

"Hello Paimon. I'm Archer."

"And I'm Lancer although I'm sure the missy told you about us."

"Yea!"

"So what's the plan for today, Lumine? Yesterday's big wolf boss was pretty fun although I did feel kind of bad beating him up."

"Really? Just so you know, I fight him every week for rewards and stuff. Remember the flower you noticed that grew suddenly? That's where the rewards come from although I can only claim them once."

Frowning, Cú asked, "You fight him every week?"

"Ignore him", Archer said bluntly, "he's got a thing with dogs and related. Back home, he had the title 'Hound of Culain'."

"Yea, yea insult me about it and all."

"Anyway", Lumine cut in, eager to set off to their next destination, "Let's fight another boss today! Or a couple bosses!"

"Oh? What's next? A cat? A horse? A bull?"

"Uh, interesting guesses, but it's a dragon. And if Andrius, the wolf from yesterday, is the Wind of the North, the dragon, named Dvalin, is the Wind of East", Paimon exclaimed.

"Oh, so an easy boss", Cú mused.

"Not quite. This one doesn't take damage until you stun him", Lumine said.

As the four teleported to Dvalin's temple, Lumine began to explain something.

"So the thing with the next two bosses is that you are going to be fighting in my memories. In other words, you can still try to solo him, but we'll have to travel back and forth from the real world twice in order to let both of you solo.

"Well, are there any other plans for today?"

"Well, we were thinking of taking you two to Liyue!", Paimon said.

"Then we'll do this boss together."

"Hold on you two. You two can fight together, but you can't be on the field at the same time. I don't know why, but the world just won't allow it."

"Fine. So we have to chain our attacks huh. Annoying~."

"Yes. Oh and Lumine?"

"Yes, Archer?"

"You said superconduct lowers the opponents physical damage resistance right?"

"Yup. Why?...wait, don't tell me you have weapons that deal ice and electric damage or something."

"I do."

"WTF. That means you could have beat Andrius even faster yesterday!"

"I know."

"Why didn't you??!"

"You looked like you were going to mentally burst."

"Wha-."

"Okay okay Lumine", Paimon interrupted, "You can get mad at them later. Paimon wants to see them fight!"

"Fine, fine. Alright, just stand in the blue circle as I get this fight started."

As the two stood awkwardly in the center of the blue circle, Lumine began muttering something.

"Okay you two! Fights all ready. Let's go!"