Sisters' Adventure - Chapter 5(Barbara) : Stage of Water

She counted the beats one by one in her head, waiting for the cue to start singing. Or at least she tried to.

Phrases, some she recognized and others she didn't, had appeared in her head instead of the lyrics to the song. She felt the words bounce around as if begging to be acknowledged.

Ok.

Mentally, she focused on those lines alone. And as she did, something powerful grew within her. Bravery, compassion, strength, everything a performer needed to give it their all on stage.

'The show will go on!'

That was true. As long as she continued to strive to perform, her show would never end and the curtains would never close.

'As an idol that mends hearts-'

A role model, something she strived to be for the people of not just Mondstadt, but of Teyvat.

'I will be the guiding pillar of hope!'

'La la la la! Shining Miracle♪!'

With the last line, Barbara felt the energy inside her stagnant as if right before the edge of a cliff. The drop before the beginning, the fade of the music, a signal to sing.

And so she did.

Opening her mouth and letting her body move with the flow, Barbara performed the song she knew by heart.

A couple seats away, Elizabeth and Nero were both taken aback. They had expected this girl to be good, but not THIS good. Something about the way she sang was both mesmerizing and uplifting. Although both of them did not recognize the song, they liked it instantly anyway.

"Psst, Nero! My rival! Hey!"

"Ah, yes. What is it Elizabeth?"

"She's really good isn't she?"

"Yup. I must concede, she performs as well as I, Umu, do!"

"Heh, no way! She's better than you! She performs as good as I do!"

"Hey-"

"Both of you shut it."

Tomoe had cut into their arguing and clamped a hand over both of their mouths.

"She's performing for you two and you still dare converse amongst yourselves! You're a shame to idols are whatever it is you call yourselves! Silence and enjoy!"

Watching the two servants nod vigorously, Tomoe huffed out a sigh before making her way back to Osakabehime.

"Say, Okki, she sounds pretty good right?"

"Yup. Way better than those two loud-mouthed brats over there. Let's take a break and listen for a while. She's only here temporarily anyway."

"Good idea. Afterwards, you must explain to me how that battle strategy of yours managed to win the game so quickly!"

"Sure, sure."

After a couple minutes, Barbara's performance ended. As the karaoke machine let out the last notes, Barbara stood panting in the center with the mic. She had always put her heart into her performances making each performance essentially a full-blown workout.

"Bravo! Bravo!"

Turning her head, she saw the shining faces of Nero and Elizabeth beaming back at her. When she turned the other way, Okki and Tomoe both gave her a thumbs up before turning back to their console.

Barbara smiled.

It filled her heart to know that her audience liked her singing.

"Well, would you look at that! This little newcomer here released her Noble Phantasm!"