ARC 2 - Prologue : Roaring Snowstorm

"We're escaping in THAT thing??"

In front of Gudako stood a huge metallic container that was shaped into a box. Looming over the group, Gudako couldn't even imagine how they'd escape from here. She doubted the box could even move.

"Yup!"

"Heh...hahahaha! You guys are hilarious! Man, this is great-no amazing! This whole fiasco might even be comparable to the showdown that happened in Liyue! Hahahahaha!"

"Da Vinci, what is that? That wasn't here before!"

"You'll see soon Mash~."

"Gudako! Mash! Ms.Da Vinci! Other guy! Fischl! You guys finally made it! Check it out! We're using this container as a shelter!"

"Hey! My name's Childe!"

"Sorry, my bad."

"Meuniere! Nice to see you too. That aside, how do we escape in a box that clearly doesn't have wheels?"

"Don't worry, Gudako. The box is set upon some rails to eject it out of the building. It's also made of highly durable material. It'd take a tank shell to dent it. It might be a bumpy ride, since we'll have to make the trip by sledding all the way down the mountain, but at least we should be able to make it to the bottom."

"How interesting. So we are to ignite the flame for this travel by first spreading our wings and soaring over the white terrace. Hmm, this is worthy of the Prinzessin's songs and sigil."

"Your what now?"

"Mein Fraulein means her praise and blessing."

Meuniere nodded, his head still hanging out of the door.

"You got it, whatever her bit ment! Now come on, everyone else is already on board! You five are the only ones left! Let's get going before they find us!"

"So you're all safe! That's wonderful! I knew Mr.Holmes could do it!"

Meuniere's smile suddenly faltered.

"W-well...all of us who escaped to the west hall, anyway..."

" ...Just the west hall...? Does that mean..."

" ...There's a wall of ice blocking the way to the east hall. Everyone who escaped there is frozen solid."

"What!? But how...!? That shouldn't even be possible!"

"Maybe not, but it's true. I saw it for myself back in the Command Room. One girl froze the entire east hall single-handedly. Hard as it is to believe, she's a Servant. She must be a Heroic Spirit who was summoned outside of Chaldea, the one we saw on the screen a couple days ago. She headed to the Command Room after freezing the east hall, so that might be frozen solid by now too."

"A Servant summoned outside of Chaldea...But still...How...? Doctor Roman said it was impossible to summon Heroic Spirits without this shield, let alone outside of Chaldea...!"

"Oh? That's pretty interesting. Seems like there's a lot more to this situation than it would appear."

"I know. Which is why the circumstances are so precarious. That Heroic Spirit shouldn't be here; this whole situation shouldn't even be possible. They caught us completely by surprise. We have nothing at all to go on at the moment beside whatever hope we put into summoning those two. Gladly, that worked, but it definitely isn't substantial enough to put up a good resistance. Which is yet another reason why we should beat a temporary retreat. We can call the Mage's Association for help, gather intel on who we're up against, and–

"...Uh...S-somebody! Anybody...! If anyone's hearing this, please, answer me! Anybody at all!"

Gudako whirled around to look at the speaker mounted on the wall, her eyes wide.