𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

You carelessly traced lines on the sand with a stick you found near the rubble where you were, ignoring Sanji's taunts about your fellow men's clothing that looked like bandits compared to the pretty girls' clothes. You were trying to find Luffy when you saw a group of excited marines, your captain didn't take long to appear making his pursuers also aware of your presence.

Luffy ran towards you while laughing, Smoker just behind him launched a smoke attack that almost seemed to reach your captain however a curtain of flames spread along the street blocking the attack. Once the fire was out a male figure stood a few meters in front of your group.

"Who is that?"

Everyone seemed to have the same question while both you and Luffy were surprised to see that boy, it was Ace! It's been so long since you've seen him that he even seemed like a completely different person, although of course, he had changed in a certain way since he wasn't a devil fruit user at first. Your eyes sparkled as you watched him use the powers of the mera mera.

"We can't talk here, go ahead, I'll catch you later, I'll stop these guys so they don't give you problems."

"Come on!"

Luffy yelled spreading his smile, wrapping his arm around your waist to pull you, they all took off running while Ace created a distraction, taking care of the marines on his own, it didn't take him long to finish off his enemies efficiently, hurrying to shore to look for his little brother's boat. He was happy to see that like him, Luffy had managed to go out to sea and have a crew by his side, but it was a little surprise to find you by his side, he knew that sometimes you were very clingy with him because he always visited Makimo more, but he didn't think that you would leave the village, he wasn't going to complain either, he was glad to see that you were healthy and happy since he also started to see you as another little sister, your bond became stronger after Sabo's death, since Ace visited much more to Makimo.

Ace's smile widened at the sight of the ship, listening to his brother prattle on how he could never beat him in a fight, but now he was sure he could. He raised one of his eyebrows, activating his power to fly straight to the railing he was standing on, kicking Luffy's back making you fly off his lap to be caught in the older man's arms.

"Who are you saying... you could win?"

"Ace!"

You turned your body enough to be able to hug him properly, resting your head on his chest that made a hoarse sound as he laughed at the joint scream that escaped from both your mouth and your captain's. His arms circled your figure carefully, bringing one of his hands to your head, caressing and tangling the strands of your hair.

"Thank you for taking care of my siblings."

"You're welcome."

They all made a small bow lowering their heads, immediately the newcomer looked at Luffy.

"Anyway, I'm glad to see you, I'm here on a mission and I thought we could meet. Luffy, would you like to join Whitebeard's crew? Along with your friends, of course."

Everyone fell silent, recognizing the name of one of the four yonkos, Ussop broke out in a sweat remembering the tattoo on Ace's back.

"No way!"

Both you and Ace laughed at your captain's clear denial, it was clear that he couldn't be a subordinate, no, he was a captain and no one could take that from his head. Even though his older brother wants Whitebeard to be the pirate king instead of his brother, that didn't stop Luffy's stubbornness at all, he was going to win that title by punching anyone who wanted to proclaim themselves pirate king.

"Why don't you go inside? I'll make you some tea."

Sanji offered to make a snack so you could talk more relaxed, but Ace refused, it was only going to take a few more minutes, in fact it only took two minutes to finish talking to his brother while you were still being caressed. When he finished he threw a folded white paper to Luffy, you both looked at it curiously without knowing what it was.

"Always have it with you."

"It's a piece of paper."

"That paper will allow us to meet again."

He fiddled with the paper like it was the strangest thing he'd seen in years, wondering inwardly what the hell he would do with that, you chuckled at the look of concentration on his face as he stared at the blank paper.

"Having a silly little brother...makes his older brother worry, he'll probably get all of you into a lot of trouble, oh, not to mention this little girl, I swear she always gets into trouble without looking for it." You hit his arm lightly, it wasn't your fault, at least not most of the time "Take care of them for me."

You felt like he was going to undo his hold on you, completely refusing to let him go so quickly you slid down one of his sides, hooking your arms around his neck, going into leech mode, not letting him get rid of your grip.

"Oi, what are you doing? I have to leave."

"What? Are you leaving already?"

Apparently Luffy didn't realize his brother's intentions, looking amused as he tried to get you off his back to go to his own little ship, it was impossible to get rid of you in that way, except when he didn't want to hurt you or throw you off the sea.

"Luffy, you could help me a little here, don't you think?"

"Mmm... no."

"What do you mean n- uagh- agh-

Poor Ace was being inadvertently strangled the more he moved as he made you hold on tighter to his neck to not let go. When he managed to make your grip loosen he breathed in great gulps of oxygen to his lungs. He turned his head to look into your pleading eyes, they were the best puppy dog ​​eyes you could do because his brow furrowed.

He put his hand in one of his pants pockets, taking out another small piece of paper, it seemed to have a little movement which made him sigh, giving a slight glance at Luffy, then moving on to you, who continued with your puppy expression every time looking more desperate and sad. He couldn't resist that, you were lucky to be his smol bean.

"Hold on tight to me." He whispered so that only you could hear him, you obeyed without complaint, noticing how you both descended towards his ship, he immediately began to untie the rope that kept it attached to Merry "I hope you don't mind, I'm going to steal her for a while!"

"Oi she is my little nakama not yours!"

"She is also my little sister!"

Despite Luffy's complaints about not wanting to leave a nakama behind he couldn't hide the smile from him, he really didn't mind if you left with Ace as long as you were back, of course. You smiled greeting the others, who sweated seeing how you got away with it.

"You always get what you want, don't you?"

"Of course, big girls have to know how to act to get anything."

Ace laughed roughly stroking your hair, denying your words.

"Yes, you could say that the strangulation has helped." he murmured lightly touching his neck, he easily lifted you holding you with one of his arms while with the other he could control the sail of his small ship "Okay then, hold on tight because we're taking off!"

"Yes sir!"