𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

"Is there a long way to go?"

"You asked that five minutes ago, I already told you that I don't know exactly the position of my crew."

You sighed rubbing your cheek against Ace's shoulder, you were tired of sitting on his arm without being able to stretch your body, you had been sailing the peaceful sea for a couple of hours and you were bored because no monster or sea king had appeared, there were only little ordinary fish, in conclusion, nothing interesting for a child like you.

Looking for something to amuse yourself with, you decided to make small braids with the man's hair, since he had enough to do that type of hairstyle, he didn't care so he just let his hair be combed in silence, smiling to himself when he noticed the concentration you had when picking up his hair in parts.

It didn't take long to see a huge silhouette well known to him, his smile expanded as he noticed how your attention had completely turned to the whale-shaped ship that was flying over the sea, he rubbed his nose with his index finger hiding his pride to see how your eyes shone with curiosity and fascination.

"Hold on tight, we're going up."

You surrounded his neck, noticing a slight wobble, when you wanted to realize the boy's small ship was already on one side of the deck, he left you on the ground to move his raft away and not bother, meanwhile you stretched your muscles letting out a sound of complete satisfaction at making the stiffness disappear once and for all.

The few people on deck didn't give Ace's arrival much thought as he was constantly coming and going from one place to another, being able to disappear for days or weeks, although everyone knew he was more absent due to his search for Blackbeard. Most didn't notice you or just chose to ignore you, but there was one person who watched with narrowed eyes as Ace took your hand, leading you around the deck, he interjected with a sarcastic tone.

"I didn't think you were going to be a father so soon-yoi, although knowing you..."

Now everyone noticed how the commander of the second division froze looking at the ship's doctor, he choked on his own saliva when he noticed that not only the others were looking at him attentively, but also that his father, Whitebeard himself, had stopped drinking only to watch Ace like a hawk to its prey. The freckled boy's sudden stop made you look at him, not having heard Marco's words because your condition manifested itself just as he spoke, blinking a couple of times you noticed how everyone had their eyes on both of you, feeling a little shy at the sudden attention, you slipped behind Ace's legs, trying to hide your slight blush.

This only made Marco's words seem to make a lot more sense, that is, no one would be surprised if Ace one day arrives with a daughter, knowing how he gets out of phase at parties or counting all the girls they have seen him with, they wouldn't be surprised that this happened in an oversight.

"Ace... have you given me a granddaughter? I always knew you would be one of the first."

Whitebeard's thunderous laugh was what snapped the boy out of his daze, waving his hands effusively.

"N-not my daughter! She is my little sister!"

"Oh?"

The looks did not leave your figures, only the thoughts were the only thing that changed in terms of the other crew members, again the captain's laughter thundered throughout the place, taking a lively sip of sake, he really did not care if you were a daughter, sister aunt or niece, if you were precious to one of his children, you would also be precious to him.

"Well, why don't you introduce her to us? What are you waiting for, son?"

Ace rubbed his temples, walking to the characteristic seat where his father rested most of the time, you walked behind him, still a little self-conscious from all the attention, although you hadn't taken notice before because you were more focused on hiding and apperar to be invisible to all those pirates, now you noticed.

"A giant!"

You jumped out from behind the legs of your temporary 'shield' looking with sparkling eyes at Whitebeard, who could only smile at your attitude, it was somewhat refreshing to see the vitality and naivety of a child again. After being trapped with so many men and barbarians seeing something that required special attention or care warmed his heart, his eyes softened, having complete weakness, he lowered his hand so you could climb on it, because you could easily sit on it. You looked at him tilting your head, silently asking permission, causing him to nod.

You laughed silently, grabbing his thumb, taking a bit of momentum to jump up, you happened to be on his shoulder contemplating the views from there, they all looked small in your eyes, although you could not compare it with the giants of Elbaf, this was also fascinating.

"Tell me little girl, do you want to be part of the crew along with your older brother?"

"Ah, about that..." Ace smiled with pure arrogance, everyone knew about his little brother because most of the stories he told were about his battles with him, but he kept more reserved about you, more than anything because he also didn't want to spread information about you or your whereabouts, since he thought you wouldn't leave the village, however seeing you sail the seas made him truly proud "She won't join our crew."

"So...?"

"Sorry, I already have a captain!"

Whitebeard laughed at your apologies, he had nothing to do if you were already part of another crew, but everyone really believed that Ace had brought you to leave you under the protection of the Whitebeard Pirates. When they found out it was just on a whim of yours the few people on deck tried to hold back their laughter, knowing that their second division commander was a softy when it came to children, if we counted on you being his little sister, you would do double the effect on him.

"Well, since you're here... why don't we celebrate with a party?"

"You're just looking for an excuse to drink-yoi."

"A party! How cool. Will there be a cake?"

You exchanged your look full of complete joy between the captain, your brother and the doctor shaking your head in approval at your desire to eat a delicious cake, it only caused the old man to laugh patting your head carefully, stating that they could cook anything come out of your mouth.

"You can't take away the illusion of the child, Marco."

"What are we going to do to?" Ace showed a crooked smile, crossing his arms "After all, she always ends up getting away with it."

"Like big girls!"