𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The rest of the way to Rainbase was suffocating for everyone to say the least, especially if you counted on that Luffy almost ruining all the supplies and most importantly the water, luckily your arrival not only relieved everyone's stress but also blessed them with something of your own, although you ended up without your emergency snacks as well as your water bottle you didn't mind as you seemed to adjust to the weather quite quick, rather you ignored the overwhelming heat keeping yourself more busy looking for some anomaly among the sand dunes, unlike your poor bird and Chopper who couldn't stand the feeling of the scorching sun on their skin anymore.

To everyone's relief, after a couple more hours some buildings can be seen on the horizon.

"I'm going to kick your ass Crocodile!"

It didn't take long for your captain to regain his lost energy, receiving complaints from the others for being noisy while you only laughed at his enthusiasm, immediately, after Ussop gave Nami her new weapon named 'clima tact', Sanji complained that it was not necessary because he would protect and they argued that Baroque Works probably knew of your arrival, you entered a bar to be able to drink something, Luffy, as always, had to attract attention by shouting.

Everything was complete chaos from that point on as Smoker and Tashigi were in that same bar, back to the chases, not knowing where Chopper was, by the time everyone ended up scattered one way or another, you stayed with Nami and Ussop who were crying like waterfalls trying to avoid the marines, while you just were enjoying some exercise being held by both hands, due to your small legs practically those two were dragging you in utter desperation.

"Aim well and shoot!"

"Those are the first two and... eh? the child too?"

Three armed men were waiting right in front of Rain Dinners, the casino you were heading to as a meeting destination, their hesitation at seeing a child with both pirates allowed Zoro to kick them, shortly after Luffy arrived yelling for you to enter the casino, without more options since Smoker was still behind him, everyone except Chopper, Sanji and Vivi, who at the moment didn't know where they were, broke into the building.

"Crocodile, get your filthy ass out here!"

"Yeah! you silly crocodile! go out and fight with Luffy!"

It wasn't a surprise that your captain came in and made a fuss screaming for his next enemy, but seeing you also screaming to meet him was something that made both Ussop and Nami hit Luffy's head harder, Zoro could only deny, maybe spending so much time playing with their captain made you lose brain cells, maybe the low sense of danger was rubbing off on you, but he couldn't talk about it either.

Although, since Vivi was not with you, you did not know what Crocodile was like, for a moment the four of you connected almost a complete neuron, screaming at the top of your lungs the name of the supposed 'hero' of Alabasta, making the moss head rub its temples wondering seriously if stupidity was contagious.

Immediately Smoker made an appearance, continuing the chase that didn't last much longer since apparently the casino staff was guiding you towards the VIP room, while Nami commented that you were going straight towards death itself. In fact yes, you were caught in a trap, but not only you, the albino officer had also been trapped with you, not even a second passed and he had already hit Luffy leaving him barely limp, despite Ussop's 'threats' this did not stop.

"what!? I can hardly move... it's like water was poured on me or something..."

He could barely breathe properly due to how thirsty and hungry he was, you tried rummaging through your bag, but apart from having a hysterical bird from all the damn chasing you had no more food or drink left, and you were in no way using it as 'emergency food' so you just refocused on the conversation.

"This weapon is made of something called 'Kairouseki', a stone that only exists in a certain sea... all prisons are made of this material to prevent criminals with powers from escaping" he explained some more concepts about the strange metal that you completely omitted and Nami deduced that the cage you were in was made of that same material "If it wasn't for that I would have already left here... after having finished with you and free the little one of course."

You bowed your head, thinking about his words while Zoro and Smoker seemed to want to start a fight that completely excited Ussop, however, before they made a move you tugged on the marine's pants, making his gaze soften.

"Excuse me, Mr. Smokey, I'm fine! I am also a pirate, they are my friends."

The albino choked on his saliva when he heard the little nickname you had given him, deciding to try to ignore this, he put one of his hands to his mouth to cough and hide his bewilderment.

"You're still very young, you don't understand what you're saying."

"But I get it!"

"No, you don't, they're just giving you a bad example."

If the fight before was going to be between Zoro and Smoker, now it was completely over to you, puffing out your cheeks when the man told you that you should be in your village learning to do things that 'normal children' do and not learning the wrong way of life, it was a good discussion that lightened a bit the tension between both poles, although it didn't last long since the cage stopped going down, reaching the lowest level. All attention now focused on a man with a scar across his face, you didn't even have time to react when Smoker pulled you behind him in a quick, protective rush.

"HEY YOU! fight with m-"

Luffy's regained energy was depleted by touching the metal bars of the cell, leaving him exhausted in mere seconds.

"You've done well to come so far Strawhat, I never thought we'd really meet, don't worry I'll kill you very soon, but the guest of honor hasn't arrived yet, I just sent my partner to pick her up."

Honestly, you didn't listen to his words, you only understood that you would be there until Vivi arrived, but your attention was fixed on the large glass that surrounded the room, squeezing Smoker's pants that you had clung to when he pulled you back, your eyes shone looking into the depths of the waters that engulfed the underground base, you couldn't take your eyes off the huge crocodiles with a strange banana shape on their heads, you were so impatient to pet one of those that even Nami and Ussop could notice the flowery aura that emanated from your figure.

They both shared a defeated look, they could already start crying and think of a plan so that you would not be cannon fodder for those abominable monsters because it was clear that you were going to want to get closer.