𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

Robin pushed you away for most of the fight, she didn't let that guy see you until she was injured by an attack, your brow was deeply furrowed, you wanted to help her and for wanting to keep you safe she got hurt, but at least the arms she used to keep you against that crumbling wall vanished to continue her fight.

You clucked at not understanding the directions for Ussop's bombs, shrugging your shoulders and grabbing one at random, just as that man was about to launch another blow at Robin you jumped forward, throwing the bomb that broke, letting yellowish smoke spread out all over the place.

"What the hell?! Damn brat-"

Your eyes started to water and your nose started to itch, you approached Robin, taking two handkerchiefs out of your bag to wrap around your mouths, of all the available bombs you had thrown the tear gas one, at least it gave enough time for her to recover from the earlier attack.

The fight lasted a while longer between blows that came and went mostly from the guy and Robin, although you managed to annoy the man a lot because you threw a bomb with literally goat feces in his face, it was his breaking point, taking advantage of the fact that he had managed to hit the archaeologist who was protecting some ancient writings along with you, you didn't have time to react when he grabbed you by the collar of your shirt.

"Game over stupid child, I'll finish you off first."

You looked him straight in the eye, making fists, Shiroi shit in your bag and came out pulling you as far as his poor injured wings could, which didn't help much and ended up landing next to Robin.

"We are not playing you idiot! Put me down right now, you've hurt Robin and I have to protect her!"

"Stupid things..."

He tried to grab your head with one hand to crush it, but before he could reach you, you moved biting his arm hard, he screamed in pain as you tried to chew his thick arm like gum, he ended up throwing you against one of the abandoned houses causing you to lose all the air in your lungs from the impact.

Before your body could fall to the ground arms appeared on the wall, grabbing you, Robin held you in her arms and ran out of reach of the city, leaving your weakened body to rest a few meters away under the supervision of a sweating Shiroi waving his wings to give you air.

"Even if you apologize... I won't forgive you!"

She fully faced the guy, throwing her hat towards you so you could take care of it while you slowly recovered from the blow, when you came to your senses after about five minutes that guy had already been defeated, Robin smiled at you when she saw you get up although with a grimace of pain, however the man got up again enraged.

"I'll kill you!"

"Shut up!"

You threw the last bomb you had left, landing directly in his mouth, it immediately exploded causing him to fall round to the ground, Robin finished him off by throwing him off a cliff, and she immediately crouched down at your height, caressing your hair.

"You have been very brave, but you did not have to put yourself in danger, dear."

You crossed your arms making a pout, avoiding her gaze for a few seconds before looking at her again and unable to contain yourself anymore, hugging her tightly around her waist.

"No, I don't care, I'm protecting you anyway!"

Your bird and the archaeologist shared a look, they sighed knowing that you weren't going to be able to get rid of the idea of being a 'bodyguard' for her, so she hugged you back and put you on her shoulders while she continued exploring the ruins.