Chapter Twenty Eight

Lily's P.O.V.

I shoveled my breakfast down as fast as I could. I'd been meaning to do something for a while now, and Juliet can't necessarily know about it...

"I can't believe the amount of deaths in the Prophet lately. Death eater killings left and right. I can't take it anymore" Juliet says as she tears the newspaper into bits and drowns them in the orange juice.

"Hey! I wanted to read that" I tell her

"No you didn't. Way too morbid" she tells me.

A strangled cry comes from the other end of the table, and mine and Juliet's attention turn that way immediately. Professor McGonagall is escorting a girl who looked to be about a second year away from the table, the Daily Prophet clutched in her hand so tightly, her knuckles were white. Tears escape the young girls eyes as she exits the Great Hall.

"You don't think she was somehow related to the people in the Daily Prophet that died do you?" Juliet asked me breaking our silence.

"Well now we'll never know because you went and murdered our Prophet. A waste of five perfectly good knuts" I say sourly.

Juliet turns to the boy sitting next to her and rips his out of his hands.

"Hey!" he yelled making a grab for the Prophet.

"Shush, I'm reading" she tells him. I shoot him a sympathetic look before he turns back to his friends clearly not in the mood for a fight. "Elizabeth and John Heckner murdered in a death eaters fit of rage. The couple was held hostage for weeks, tortured for any information they knew about Dumbledore- I told you it was morbid Lily- and we're eventually killed because they were deemed useless"

"Where are you going?" asked Juliet as I stood up from the Gryffindor table.

"To find something in the library" I told her.

"Oh, ew" she said

"Juliet! The library is an extremely educational environment and-" she cuts me off

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun!" She calls after me.