Chapter Five

Sirius's P.O.V

We arrived at Potions just on time, which was a first for us Marauders, considering in 6th year we were late almost everyday.

We all sat down where we wanted, since it was the first day and we weren't yet assigned seats yet, although old sluggy was sure to move us in a matter of minutes.

I quickly sat down next to Juliet and Marlene shot me a dirty look that probably meant that she was planning on sitting here. I like Her. She's hot and she's so much different than the other girls I normally date. Maybe it's because she's an American. I really don't know.

"Hey" I said giving her my signature smirk. She looked at me and half smiled "Sorry about the quidditch thing at breakfast. I'm sure you're an amazing chaser" I said. Weird I almost never say sorry.

"That's alright Sirius" she replied. So far so good.

"Welcome back class. I'll start off by assigning you seats and then you will gather your ingredients and start making Felix Felicis " said Professor Slughorn. Great, I was looking forward to sitting with Juliet.

"Peter and Marlene"

"Alice and Frank"

"James and Severus"

"Lily and Sirius"

"Remus and Juliet"

Remus, the lucky git. The list continued for a while longer and when it finished, I made my way over to Lily and we found a seat in the front of the room. Great.

"I'll go and get the ingredients and you set up the cauldron" she said

"Okay" I replied. I glanced over at James and he had an angered look plastered on his face. Probably because he had to work with Snivellus.

Lily came back with the ingredients and started working straight away. I mostly watched because I was used to working with James and he always did all of the work, so I was clueless.

"Hey um... Lily?" I said

"Yes Sirius?" she asked without looking up from her work

"Um...I was wondering if your friend Juliet had a boyfriend?" I asked realizing it sounded extremely stupid.

She giggled and it made me unsure if I wanted to know the answer anymore.

"I only just met her an hour ago. Why don't you ask her yourself. Why do you want to know anyway?" she said

"Oh uh, just wondering"

"No, you weren't just wondering, you like her! I mean you've dated almost every girl in this school, but I sense that this is different"

But before I could reply a huge crashing noise came from behind us. I turned around and Snape was on the floor with boils all over his skin and James had his wand pointed at him.

"Don't ever speak about her like that again. Do you understand me?!" James roared

Snape scrambled to his feet and muttered a spell, but before he could finish, Proffessor Slughorn disarmed him.

"Go to the hospital wing Severus and see Madam Pomfrey. And as for you Potter, detention everyday for the next week! See me at 7 in my office" said Slughorn "Return to your seats everyone"

Everyone sat in their seats in silence for the next five minutes before the bell rang. I walked over to James to find out what had happened, but Lily beat me to it.

"Potter! What was that for?! " Lily shrieked "You're constantly hexing people for no reason, whatsoever!"

"I didn't hex him for no reason Evans, If only you heard what he said" James replied

"Well, do inform me!" she demanded

"He called you...a...a" his voice came down to a whisper "mudblood"

"It's not like he hasn't said it many times before" she retorted, even though it was an extremely weak comeback.

You could tell Lily was embarrassed for yelling at James when he was only protecting her, even if she denied that what he did was right.

"Well, I'll see you in Defense" she said and before hurrying out the door to catch up with the girls.