Chapter Three

Lily's P.O.V

I said goodbye to the girls and I made my way down to my dormitory once the sorting ceremony was done and we had finished our feast. I was anxious to see what my head girl dorm would look like. I had been fantasizing about this moment for years and now that it was here it didn't sound so grand anymore. I wasn't happy I would be sharing it with James... Or was I?

I finally arrived at the door and said the password "Popping Fisbees" and the door swung open. The room was big, gorgeous, and cozy at the same time. There were two doors at the back of the room. One was labeled "James" and one was labeled "Lily" There was a crackling fire and very comfortable looking sofas. It was only 7:30, so I figured I'd go grab the book I was reading from my room and get warm in front of the fire.

A loud comforting voice startled me. "Hello Evans" it said

I spun around. It was James. Of course, just the person I needed to see.

"Hello Potter"

"Have you seen the bedrooms yet? They are so much much nicer than the ones we had last year! And the beds are much bigger too!" He then winked at me.

"Ew, Grow up!" I then stormed off to go get my book and then reappeared in the common room. I feel weird calling it a common room since it is only shared by James and I.

I curled up by the fire. And I started to read an interesting muggle book. I must have read 50 pages when I heard a knock at the door. James came out of his room "That's for me!" He called out.

I watched three boys in their pajamas enter the room. Remus, Sirius, and Peter.

"Potter!" I called to him angrily "You can't just invite people in here to have slumber parties. There's such thing as rules you know"

"Sorry, just this once. We have important things to discuss"

What could be so important? I honestly didn't know. I'd let it slide just this once.

I went to my room to get ready for bed and I could hear James' voice right through the bloody wall! I really didn't want to eavesdrop, but how could I not when the four boys' voices were being amplified throughout my room?

The conversation started off with what they would be planning as the beginning of school prank.

"We could set off the hundreds of those color bombs we got from Zonko's Joke Shop!" said Sirius.

"Yeah! Right in the middle of the Great Hall! Everybody would be covered in colored paint" said Peter enthusiastically.

And then it escalated and they started talking about me!

"I don't think that's a great idea guys. I was thinking we could plan a prank that was a bit smaller. Maybe one that wouldn't make Evans so mad" James suggested.

He was right. I would be totally pissed if they did that.

"Prongs! All you ever think about is Lily! You're in love Jamesie!"

I heard a loud thud and a "Ouch!" that followed, which probably meant that James had thrown something at Sirius.

"Besides, it's our last year for Merlin's sake. We have to plan the biggest prank of all time" continued Sirius

They didn't say anything for a while. James broke the silence.

"Moony?"

"Yeah Prongs?"

"You're friends with Evan's, do you know why she hates me so much?" asked James

"Hmm.... For starters stop calling her Evans. Address her by her first name. And be nice to her. Don't crack immature jokes and don't constantly ask her out. If she begins to like you, which she probably won't, you'll know when the right time to ask her out is"

"Thanks Moony" said James

"Isn't it odd how Moony knows more about relationships than anybody else and he's never had a girlfriend before?" Said Sirius and everybody started cracking up.

So he really does like me. I felt tingly. I knew that at the bottom of all of my hatred for him, I really did like that Potter.

I decided I had enough. I wasn't going to listen to their stupid conversations all night. I stood up and walked straight over to James' room and opened the door without knocking first.

"Listen you four, quit being so loud, for Merlin's sake I can here you right through the bloody wall!"

They all looked pretty surprised, but James' was in total shock.

Peter was the first to actually say something.

"You could hear exactly what we said?" he asked in a shy, but confused voice

"Yes, goodnight" I spun on my heels and was out the door and in my bed before you could say Quidditch.

What had I just done? Now they probably think I was listening purposely. I fell asleep thinking about classes tomorrow and James Potter and how I wish the summer hadn't ended just yet and James Potter.

--------------------------------

Greeting Readers!

How did you like that chapter?

Vote, comment and follow please!

Lots of Love

Alexa <3