The Guardian au

So as most of you probably know it's my theory that Protues kicked Alpheus out of the Guardians and I was thinking what if Nereus stood up for his young apprentice.

"Alpheus, you are banished from the Guardians. You are to leave by sun rise tomorrow."

As Nereus looked over at his young apprentice he could see the fear and sadness in his eyes. Nereus felt it was wrong to send Alpheus away, he felt that Protues had put far to much pressure on the kid.

"I'm afraid I shall have to disagree with you Protues. I will not allow you to kick Alpheus out."

Protues glared at Nereus, while Protues was head if the Guardians Nereus was still the longest serving member, the other respected him. Protues knew that if he ever wanted Lumuria he'd have to bite his tongue.

"Very well Nereus, but the boy needs to be punished."

"I will handle it, let's go Alpheus we need to talk."

Nereus lead Alpheus out of the room and away from Protues. He felt that some time away from the Guardians would do the kid some good. Besides the Guardians were still mad at Alpheus giving them some time to cool off would be a good idea. He was thinking of where to go when Alpheus spoke up.

"I'm sorry, I was an accident I didn't mean to."

"I know Alpheus it's ok, everyone makes mistakes. I was thinking we should take a break from all this Guardian nonsense for a while, is there anywhere you'd like to go?"

"I- I don't know."

Nereus though for a moment, he really had no idea where to take him. He hated to admit it but he and Alpheus had stopped talking for almost a year now. Protues had taken over his training and was always making up executes to keep Alpheus away from him.

"Maybe we could go to Spain, or maybe you'd like to go to France?"

"I don't know, shouldn't I get back to studying?"

"Alpheus there is more to life than studying and books, you need to have a little fun you're still a kid after all."

Alpheus seemed to think for a few seconds before looking back at Nereus.

"Can we go to Caribbean? There was a mermaid sight there last week and I want to check it out."

Nereus laughed a little.

"Of course, why don't you go and pack your bags I'll meet you at the docks in a few minutes."

Alpheus nodded and ran off towards his room. Nereus decided to tell Glaucus and Tethys where he was going.

He found the pair eating lunch in the meeting hall.

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Did Protues kick the boy out?"

Nereus shook his head.

"I'm sure he wants to but no, not yet. I'm taking Alpheus on a trip for a while I would like it if you could keep an eye on Protues for me."

The two nodded, Nereus then went and quickly packed a bag before making his way to the docks. As he had expected Alpheus was already there waiting for him.

"I see you're eager to go."

"Yea! Now let's go before we miss the mermaids!!"

So basically this au has a slightly less traumatised Alpheus who stays with the Guardians. Nereus kicks Protues out of the Guardians way earlier than in cannon and he kinda takes Alpheus' place as the main villain of season two.

I'm just imagining the Nektons meeting Alpheus and Ant and Fontaine are like so confused while Kaiko and Will are like 'finally someone who knows how to use a computer.'

Thanks for reading please leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments and feel free to use any of my ideas or oc's in your own works!!!