No Matter What

-LEXI'S POV-

I quickly walked back to my group of friends, and they all stared at me, waiting for me to say something. "

"I'm fine" I finally say, and they all let out a breath.

In reality, I was far from fine. Seeing Kian's face, even for a second, made me realize how much I missed him.

He looked so restless when I saw him, as if he hasn't slept in ages. He had dark circles under his eyes and he didn't even bother to fix his hair.

I felt a bit of guilt wash over me, what if i'm the reason he is like that? Well he did it to himself didn't he? Why should I feel guilty?

I quickly put that emotion in the back of my mind, plastered on a fake smile, and looked up at my friends.

"Do you guys want me to get you a drink? I'm about to go up and get myself one" I state. "Get me a coke please?" Sam asks, and I nod before I walk off to the stand that was selling drinks.

"Hello, what can I get you?" The man behind the table asks, and I respond with a coke and lemonade.

I paid him and turned around, only to bump into someone. "Sorry" I quickly said, and looked up to see Kian looking back down at me.

He quickly steps back, and rubs the back of his neck. "Oh um sorry" he mumbles, and moves over so he could resume walking.

When I got a closer look at Kian, I noticed how hopeless his eyes were, like he had given up on everything. I watched as he asked the man for a root beer, and began walking off again.

I don't know what possessed me to do such, but I quickly reached out to grab his hand before he could walk out of reach.

He turned around and looked at me with a confused look, which I also had on my face most likely.

I was confused at my own actions, and it took me a moment to realize why I had done such.

"I think it's best that we both take a moment to talk" I tell Kian, and he nods as he begins following me along the beach.

"So um you seem to be doing really good, you're all over my tv." Kian says after a few seconds of awkward silence.

" Well you don't seem to be doing good, look at you" I say as I motion up to his eyes.

"Just a few bad nights." Kian responds, not going in to detail like he usually does about things.

"Why were they bad?" I ask, coming off nosier then usual.

"You ask a lot of questions now" he states

"Well you don't go into detail now" I counter, and he sighs.

"Why are we even talking? I didn't follow you just so you could bitch at me" Kian rudely says, and I stare at him in shock. Never have a seen Kian so rude, and honestly it was pissing me off.

Kian's eyes widen and he mumbled a quick sorry before looking at the ground again. "It's fine" I sigh, and look over at the little kids running around.

We walked in silence for another few minutes, before Kian decided to speak again. "Ok, I need to know this one thing Lexi. What hurt the most that night? Like what ruined you the most?" He asked, he fumbled a bit trying to find the right words, but I understood the question completely.

"Um, defiantly when I took my promise ring off, because I felt like we both broke a huge promise to each other" I admit, "what about you?" I ask.

"When I found your ring sitting on the dresser." Kian responds, which confused me a bit.